acid pro6 glitch

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
my acid pro 6 just sudenly stops and terminates the app at random times. does this happen to any of you guys?
later

eldia

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
some times, i've noticed it happens with bad plug ins that are incompatable in one way or another(bugs i usually uninstall the plugs if i notice strange behavior). what are u doin specifically/ have u noticed it happens at any particular times

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
naw, no plugins and its on a fresh os. acid4 did the same thing here and there. its pretty random.
sometimes more frequent than others

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
if it's official are u using the latest version?

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
Is it the official version, or one that's been cracked?

official? lol yeah.. right is there a difference?
ive just instaled 7 and it happens less. i think its the mixing of diferent versions of acid files. some are more finicky than others. i know of ways to work around inconsistent apps.

10cntp4.gif

upsidedownpentagram2.gif

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
probably so, i just installed the app nothing extra. did you optimize you system or anything? i know i have some sort of driver conflict with my motherboard and audio card but thats totally different than acid shutting down on me.

probably so, i just installed the app nothing extra. did you optimize you system or anything? i know i have some sort of driver conflict with my motherboard and audio card but thats totally different than acid shutting down on me.

Can you disable the on board audio? sometimes there a jumper switch on the motherboard to disable it, or you might be able to do it through the bios. Failing that you might be able to disable it in the device manager.
Any conflicts like that are not a good thing and can cause trouble.
I didnt optimize my system.
Driver problems can cause all sorts of errors, even making software shut down.
Try updating audio drivers to newer versions too.
I am also running two audio cards although I only use one, I havent even disabled the other one but acid still works fine. Im running version 6 at the minute.
The only time acid has ever crashed on me is when a track is playing and I start to mess with the beatmapped tempo while its playing, that used to happen on my last pc, I think because it was too much processing at once.

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
official? lol yeah.. right is there a difference?

Should have wrote 'Retail' insted, but yeah there is differences between the versions, especially with them being patched which can make them less stable while using some of the latest plugins. I had similar problems with the random crashes every 5-10 minutes, once removed some of the plugins and installed the latest cracked version everything seemed to be fine. I'm currently using the retail version of ACID 7 now though and haven't had any problem's, yet!

Anyway, I'm not to sure what you could try out now, seeing as you've already re-installed ect. and it's still the same, have you tried to install it on another drive? Are they random crashes or is it when you are using certain things?

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
there random. ive instaled 7 and havent had as many problems.

DJ EThical

ill o.g.
Mine has done some weird things too. I cant EQ anything on acid anymore, or add effects. it makes it kinda hard for beat making.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
It happened to me several times when using certain plugs or when previewing samples in the explorer. I went and bought an official 7 Studio and I haven't had the problem since. I miss recording in 24 bit and the bus feature, but I'll get by.