Acid 5 - SWING Feature

NORTH

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Has anyone messed around with this new SWING feature in Acid 5... I believe it has been out for a while now, but I finally installed and it is unbelievably sick how you can visually set SWING patterns and shit. I wish MIDI sequencers took this approach to SWING.

Are any of you putting it to use in your productions?

-NORTH

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
NORTH said:
Has anyone messed around with this new SWING feature in Acid 5... I believe it has been out for a while now, but I finally installed and it is unbelievably sick how you can visually set SWING patterns and shit. I wish MIDI sequencers took this approach to SWING.

Are any of you putting it to use in your productions?

-NORTH

Have i messed with acid's Swing? yep Sure have

yea you can visually set Swing patterns in other apps aswell.

The other apps have taking te approach Acid just catching up.. Acid just tossed alot of Preset
swing patterns in there.

Me i like loading up songs i like a nd snatching the quantization out and saving them as presets :) heh

NORTH

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Nnxt said:
The other apps have taking te approach Acid just catching up.. Acid just tossed alot of Preset swing patterns in there.

What other apps do this? Any midi sequencers?

Nnxt said:
Me i like loading up songs i like and snatching the quantization out and saving them as presets :) heh

Huh?! Killer idea... what app do you use to do this???

Man... me and my copy of REASON need to diversify more. I've been trying LIVE with some VSTs, such as Sampletank and Guitar Rig... but LIVE is such a f'ing pig it just hits 80% and crashes after 3 or 4 tracks.

-NORTH

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
NORTH said:
What other apps do this? Any midi sequencers?

-NORTH
Everything Multitrack app damn near has that feature and has had that feature for years

Reason

Cubase

Nuendo

Logic

Dp( i think dp had it since version 2)

Pro tools

they have all had an Option where you can toss your own quantization/ Store quantization presets

NORTH

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
WAIT NNXT... you are talking about ripping a quantization off an audio track, and saving it as a preset to be processed on future MIDI?? Are you sure all the above apps you list do this? I've never heard of it.

-NORTH

NORTH

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hmmm... yea... right.. ok... so I have been using Reason, since 1.0... and am baffled. Would you mind explaining the steps to rip the quantization off an audio track in reason, and save the setting? For instance, I can load a dr. dre loop into NN19 or NNXT (the audio), and how do I rip the swing quantization out of dre's beat? I'm quite curious how Reason is going to interpolate the hats from the kick, etc.... in an audio loop.

Cheers,
NORTH

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
not trying to be an Asshole but i will let you find out on your own.. its something very very simple that you and other people are looking past. Not everyone but a good amount.
you said you have used reason since 1.0 then you should know Reason well enough to figure it out.

Again im not trying to be an ass

members online