About 2 Make SOme Moves Need Some Advice

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Well the time has come I guess and my Dad Says Im Ready 2 Bring My Tracks to some of the People in The biz he knows

So the Guy im goin to see use to be a Much Music Tv Host up here in Toronto and he wants me too give him a Cd with some Beats .

Only problem is I make alot of Beats but dont always Finish all of them So alot of them are Just 16 bar Verses and 8 bar hooks .

So Would It be Dumb to Put these on the Cd ? Or Should I be goin wit the Full Intro, Verse, Hook, Outro type a deal ?

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
whatevers clever man. If the diude has a good ear he should be able to tell if ur beats are hot within 30 seconds. It can't hurt to arrange them all nicely but that's really just extra ish

good luck man

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
It depends on who the A&R or this person is.....I work with some insiders that shop my joints in NYC@ majors and they always want completely finished joints for their meetings the will not even accept an unfinished track from me that goes on the beat CD, also they have at least 2 or 3 meetings a week playing beats, so it just depends on who is in the meeting and how formal it is, the other piece of advice I got is to makeyour beat CD sound like an instrumental CD finished mastered and polished especially for a listening session and also you might want to leave them a beat CD with shortened versions or other beats (possibly tagged) I never give anyone an untagged CD of instrumentals, the reason you want the full finished versions especially is that in that meeting they might not skip right thru the beats they may want to hear the entire song, suppose they wanted the beat, they need to hear the whole song, a few tips, you need to first catch the listener with the first few seconds and then draw them into the beat, that does not mean a lengthy unecessary intro.....but your CD is going to be his first impression of you, what level of producer you are, your potential and also how much you care about the music you make....it sounds like you have a connection through ya pops, just deliver the best quality music you can ..Good Luck

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Aight Good Lookin out Nug and thanks for all those Pointers Big D im a Start Finishing up Some More Tracks