Ableton Live

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Well I'm messing with Live again! And I have a question:

Is there a way to insert a bus so I can group certain sounds?

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You can use the "send" track for that. If you got version 4, you can also route more then one track to another track to do this.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I'm using Ableton Live 4 as well, it is a great software to have. Go up to the insert menu and select insert return (it's not called Bus in Live) and then on whichever track you want to send to the return just turn the knob on the track that corresponds to that return and you'll get your signal routed in that location. You can route your signals in a lot of different ways in Live.

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would not sell an asr x to use live, although the software looks incredible, im not the type of dude to say to myself i have to use one or the other. cos i go thru phases and i might be on the software tip that particular month.

but the hardware is my bread n butter, lol

mercury i'd sure like to get a copy of version 4, is that cool?

cqfinest

ill o.g.
I just upgraded to Live 4 and now using it to sequence my triton extreme thru the USB connect

Really impressed with the MIDI upgrade since version 3

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
JPeg said:
I would not sell an asr x to use live, although the software looks incredible, im not the type of dude to say to myself i have to use one or the other. cos i go thru phases and i might be on the software tip that particular month.

but the hardware is my bread n butter, lol

mercury i'd sure like to get a copy of version 4, is that cool?

pm me jpeg......and i sold my asr x cause i really don't need both. it was easier for me to make beats with live than on the asr x. and it was easier for me to be more creative with my arrangements, plus i could still get the grimy sound when i needed, plus i needed the loot...lol. so it was a win/win for me

members online