Ableton live v5

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
ok so i got the dough and went got ableton live v4! three days later i get my code for my free upgrade to version 5!! amazin!
omg my life had changed! u can do prefect djing, rmxing, production! its amazin! my f antom can be a controller! omg im soo excited its the sequencer of my dreams! anyone else converted to live?
reflex

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
yeah i bought v4 on friday and the new version came out tue. its the shit man. not that many new things on 5 just like, auto pan, flanger, a few more effects that shuda been in 4! some more midi effects and the timeline n stuff has been chanhged a bit. but one cool feature is a beat reprogammer thing that can remix drum breaks n stuff on the fly. pretty cool!
im hooked!
deuce u use live as ur main sequencer?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
No....I use it as a host prgm to allow vocals to be synced with Reason....Reasons my "sole-controller"....Sometimes i record a live feed from reason to live tho and then i do some things to the audio that i cant in reason, then bounce back.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i acquired Live 5 2 days ago - getting used to it..

and i use it with FL 5, And Reason 3. and my racks.

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
sounds gud man!

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i used to use acid and it was my favorite program but then i fell in love with Live's impulse and simpler and i;ve been slowly mastering it...........ive read a thread where cats were saying that FL 6 Studio Version leaves ableton in the dust though, can anyone elaborate?

B

Burna

shit i copd it, but didnt know where to start bc im so use to FL6 that the bitch is just collecting dust.

TachyonFresh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^
1. Create a new Midit Track (CTRL+SHIFT+T)
2. Go into your isntruments and drag Simpler into the newly created Midi Track
3. Turn on the Record button on the newly created Midi Track.
4. Load a Drum Loop or any type of loop or just a sample u wanna fuck with into Simpler (u just drag ur sample into the big empty horizontal space on simpler)
5. Turn on the Loop button on Simpler
6. Use the Z and X buttons on your computer keyboard to change the octave on simpler.
7. Start playing the samples using A, W, S, D, F, T, G, Y, H, U, J, K, O, L keys on the keyboard.
8. Fuck with some effects on ur sample by dragging the effect into the same midi track.

Papadukes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the program is sooo heavy. I love it. Once i moved over i knew there was no way i can go back to using FL, and also it made me understand why ppl always bitch about FL. this program is nice, and the plug-ins are right. trust when you start using simpler, beat repeat, and also the compressors and all that....
but the thing that sells it is the sample and midi manipulation, easily sampling within samples. plus when you bring in your outside plug-ins. it just makes things seems too serious.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
For the Live users! Can Live 5 accept mulitple controllers and assign them to a audio/midi/vst trk to be controlled? Controller X control:drum machine VST, Controller Y control:MIDI trk. Live looks dope. I'm gonna try the demo and see how this thing works!

AKP

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Its funny that with this software there is always a learning curve. Whats really interesting is how one program leads to better understanding about another. I've been using live since version 3 as a rewire plugin with whatever Cubase release was in 2003 and Reason. Of course it was so different that it took awhile to become fluent in. By fluent I mean making the melody in your head stream from your hands and out the speakers. FruityLoops grew up and so has live and they compliment each other so well. The latest live has grown up and is fast. Plays very well with external gear. In this case Akai MPC 1000.

All you Live users gotta be able to see a major distinction in sound quality in comparision to Fruity Loops straight out the box. As if its EQ'ed somehow to sound hotter out the Master levels.

AK

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
well Live does accept multiple MIDI controller and they can be used at the same time. and it was very easy to setup.

members online