AARRRGGHH, I can't take it anymore!!!!

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
WHY? Let me explain somethin....my beats aint nothin to write home about. And compared to most ofyall, I'm mediocre,,,at best. But thats what yall do., I have to focus on my other music endeavors. Anyway, whyyy is many, many, many dudes on Dr. Dre's dick????? He got some nice beats, but they aint enuff for me to join the "Dr Dre Dick Ridin Association"! It really bothers me when some cats wanna be a beat-maker, nut want to sound like DRE! Why fuckers? Be yaself please. Besides, half of those beats aint his,,,,,There's a lot of talent here, and some nice noobs,,,don't try to sound like someone else. Do you want to get by, by soundin like someone else? then get lazy once you made it and have dudes produce ya shit for you cause they are a Clone of you and then when you go to an ward show,,,,that same guy that you didnt give any recognition rolls up and smacks you in the mouth on an awards show,,,,,,Oh wait,,,,,that happened already,,,ummm, who was that again?

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
Dr. dre is the greatest hip-hop producer PERIOD. EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING dre has touched has gone AT LEAST PLATNIUM. he has done it all. re-invented his self three times and his longevity is unmached in hip-hop.

why are people on dres dick? simple

dre is the greatist hip-hop producer of all time. he was/is behind so many classics its scary. dre can make hardcore commerical joints that are blazin.

another thing you can sound like dre but youre not dre.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I have to agree with Stress. Dre is an excellent producer, but you can give the man props without pulling ya drawers down for him.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
cleverwon said:
I have to agree with Stress. Dre is an excellent producer, but you can give the man props without pulling ya drawers down for him.

Haha..

There is no doubt that Dre's an amazing producer and has such an amazing list of hits under his belt, but I think wether or not he is 'THE greatest producer of all time' could be dispusted.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
ITS HIGHLY DEBATABLE...he might be the most successful but the Greatest, I don't know we need some criteria for that billing theres been many HIP HOP producers thru the years...

Anyhow here is a lil interview from....
TIME MAGAZINE with Dr. Dre ( a couple years ago)

In the Doctor's House
A visit to Dr. Dre's recording studio reveals that he eats, drinks and sleeps rap—and rarely rests
BY JOSH TYRANGIEL/LOS ANGELES
"Ah neee owder ellows!"

"Ow-der! Ow-der!"

Those are Dr. Dre's shouted instructions, heard through a storm of bass and beats so deafening that a full-size couch is actually lurching off the ground, like a great green whale preparing to breach. Realizing that he can't be heard, Dre touches a button on the mixing board and the music stops. "I need louder cellos," he says in a normal voice to the recording-studio technician. Then quietly to himself, "Cellos make everything sound evil."

Dr. Dre is not an instrumentalist. "I bought a trumpet a couple of years ago, and everybody started hiding from me," he says with a cackle. Yet Dre, ne Andre Young, 36, has been producing and recording music for 20 years. He started as a DJ with the disco-inspired World Class Wrecking Cru, and went on to form N.W.A., help create gangsta rap, have a multiplatinum solo career, discover Snoop Dogg and Eminem, win the 2001 Grammy for Producer of the Year and infuse rap with a permanent musicality that buoyed it across the mainstream.

Dre is also a global phenomenon. The two most recent albums he has produced, his own Chronic 2001 and Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP, have sold 25 million copies worldwide. He's a multiplatinum seller in territories—Japan, New Zealand, Australia and Eastern Europe—that were distant hip-hop outposts a few years ago. Dre's distributor, Interscope Records, receives 4,000 requests a year from labels in such places as India, Turkey, Southeast Asia and Israel that want to add Dre tracks to international hip-hop compilations. Beyond his mere reach, Dre has also brought depth. Pepe Mogt, a composer who founded Tijuana's hip Nortec Collective of DJs, says, "What he did with his music was very influential for us because he created music that described the place of his origin [Compton, Calif.], which is something we try to do. Also, his sound is just incredible."

Currently, Dre is holed up in a Los Angeles recording studio putting the finishing touches on the sound track to the film The Wash, in which he co-stars with Snoop Dogg. "First off," he says, hands folded in front of him as he waits for a track to be re-cued, "I want to be known as the producer's producer. The cellos are real. I don't use samples." He says this with a touch of derision, as if sampling is a vulgarity in the producer's palette. "I may hear something I like on an old record that may inspire me, but I'd rather use musicians to re-create the sound or elaborate on it. I can control it better." Control is Dre's thing. Every Dre track begins the same way, with Dre behind a drum machine in a room full of trusted musicians. (They carry beepers. When he wants to work, they work.) He'll program a beat, then ask the musicians to play along; when Dre hears something he likes, he isolates the player and tells him how to refine the sound. "My greatest talent," Dre says, "is knowing exactly what I want to hear."

Truck Volume, a track for The Wash, began with a Dre beat and an eerie keyboard riff played on an old Vox V-305 organ. ("I was watching vh1—The Doors: Behind the Music," he says, by way of explanation.) Dre then added layers of strings. Everyone from Eminem to Madonna has been known to beg Dre for tracks, but the Doctor decides who gets his music based entirely on feel. Truck Volume, with its exaggerated haunted-house vibe, seemed like a good fit for the exuberantly hoarse rapper Busta Rhymes. "Busta just sounds crazy to me," Dre says.

Rhymes recorded his vocals a few days ago. Now Dre is icing the cake, playing the track from beginning to end dozens of times, nodding his head to the rhythm and making tiny adjustments as he goes. "More reverb here," he says. The technician tweaks the reverb on a two-second patch of Rhymes' voice. The track plays again. "Now it sounds like he's in the Grand Canyon." When the level is adjusted to his satisfaction, Dre calls Rhymes in New York. "I don't think we should add any more to it. Nah. All the breakdowns and all the instruments sound full enough. I'll call you if there are any changes." Dre hangs up, listens to the song one more time and tells the technician, "Put that on a CD real quick. Let me listen to it in my truck."

Dre works in spurts. This week he's had three studio sessions of 19 hours or more. Last week he did a marathon 56-hour session. If he didn't go to the parking lot for the occasional car-stereo listening test, he'd have no idea whether it was night or day. In his truck, he declares Truck Volume ready to go. "This s___ should come with some Tylenol."

To help break the monotony of studio sessions, Dre has a floating band of merry men on hand—security guards, musicians, friends—all eager to crack up the Doctor. While he takes a break and eats dinner, the room fills with half a dozen folks who smoke pot, drink Hennessy Cognac, make fun of one another and generally behave like nightmare houseguests. Dre clearly loves the distraction, though he doesn't personally indulge in anything beyond a toothpick. When he folds up his plastic clamshell of chicken and says, "Back to work," the room clears.

Hard on the Boulevard, a track on which Dre raps with Snoop Dogg, is the first single from The Wash. The video is supposed to shoot in two days. The track isn't finished yet. Dre is also working on a song for No Doubt, due next week, and on tracks for his next solo album, Detox, which he'd like to release in 2002. He seems unconcerned.

Dre has asked a male singer named Cocaine to come in and rework some of his vocals on the Boulevard chorus. Dre doesn't feel that the song is properly layered yet. "One of the things I like most about producing is recording vocals," he says. "I like instructing people, but I'm also trying to bring out a good performance, so I work with them—encourage them." When Cocaine arrives, Dre plays the track. Even though Cocaine is a relative unknown ("He must not want to get his stuff on anybody's station, naming himself Cocaine," says Dre) and Dre is the top producer in the game, he is enthusiastic, even sweet, in explaining what he's looking for. When it appears Cocaine is not getting it, Dre sings the part, revealing perfect pitch and a surprisingly nice voice. Cocaine listens to him, nods his head and starts warming up his pipes.

It's getting into the wee hours, but Dre seems to be gathering strength. He bounces into a side room for a quick meeting with a writer from The Sopranos interested in doing a show about the record industry with Dre as star and producer. When Cocaine says he's ready, Dre drops into his Aeron chair and glides across the studio's floor to the mixing board. "All right, everybody," he says with a smile, "let's make some music."

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
Lex said:
Haha..

There is no doubt that Dre's an amazing producer and has such an amazing list of hits under his belt, but I think wether or not he is 'THE greatest producer of all time' could be dispusted.

dr. dre isnt the greatist producer of all time he is the GREATIST HIP-HOP PRODUCER of all time HANDS DOWN.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
cleverwon said:
Very fucking TRUE.....I mean, i totally relate to yers and Stress' comment cuz ive seen how cats wanna jump in the beatmakin game the same way as yall....THere is a fine line where u jus gotta stop ridin Dres balls so much, aside from the fact that even the "great Dre" can get overhyped. That shits fact. People reckognize that Dre is a multiplatinum-whatever artist and they start dick ridin immediatly.......CASH FLOW AND A PLATINUM PLAQUE DONT MAKE THE ARTIST - THE MUSIC MAKES THE ARTIST.....I aint knockin Dre neither - dude has some nice shit and has been around for years so hes proved longevity and endurance in the game as a strong biznessman.....But thats what this IS!.......The shits a Business and as long as u have fantastic publishing, marketing, advertising, and financial backing from the big dogs to begin with yer destin to become noticed, make some cream, and sell enough units to pop-based buyers to go to the phenominal PLATINUM.....Shit still dont make u the dopest beatmaker.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Bullisht..... Dre is Nice... but what about all of those other kats that have PLATNIUM in both the HipHop and R&B arena...... huh.... people that make blazin beats like Salaam Remi for NAS... this kat has PLATNIUM on both side and is credit for alot shit people didnt even know about...... if you love "THE SCORE" by the Fugees.... YOU LOVE REMI.... f it.... i'll just put the list down for yall....

Ludacris The Red Light District Producer

Ludacris The Red Light District (Clean) Producer

Nas Street's Disciple (Clean) Drums, Producer, Fender Rhodes, Horn Arrangements, Vocal Producer, Instrumentation, Organ, Synthesizer, Bass, Guitar, Strings

Nas Street's Disciple Drums, Producer, Executive Producer, Fender Rhodes, Horn Arrangements, Mixing, Vocal Producer, Instrumentation, Organ, Synthesizer, Bass, Guitar, Piano, Strings Various Artists After the Sunset Executive Producer, Mixing, Guitar

Nas Bridging the Gap Drums, Producer, Mixing, Bass, Guitar

I-20 Self Explanatory Vocals (Background), Producer, Mixing, Instrumentation

Joss Stone Mind, Body & Soul Wurlitzer, Organ, Bass, Strings

Kevin Lyttle Kevin Lyttle Executive Producer

Mis-Teeq Mis-Teeq Producer, Vocal Arrangement, Instrumentation

Nas Thief's Theme (Maxi Single) Producer

I-20 Self Explanatory (Clean) Vocals (Background), Producer, Mixing, Instrumentation

Amy Winehouse Take the Box Arranger, Drums, Producer

Various Artists Hit 56 Producer

Various Artists Brit Awards 2003 Producer

Various Artists Sequence Mixtape, Vol. 1 Producer

Ghost Under the Moonlight Drums

Various Artists Now, Vol. 53 (UK) Producer

Nas I Can (CD Single) Producer

Various Artists Original Crooks Original Headz, Vol. 1: The Nervous Producer

Wyclef Jean Ecleftic: 2 Sides II a Book (Canada Bonus CD) Producer

Various Artists FB Entertainment Presents: The Good Life Producer Exhale Exhale Drums, Keyboards, Producer, Guitar (Acoustic), Bass

Various Artists Waxing Off: Delicious Vinyl's Greatest Hits Producer

City High City High Producer, Engineer, Vocal Arrangement, Mixing, Vocal Producer

Angie Martinez Up Close and Personal Drums, Keyboards, Horn Arrangements, Keyboard Arrangements, Mixing Engineer, Bass, Percussion

Angie Martinez Up Close and Personal (Clean) Drums, Executive Producer, Bass, Percussion

Xtatik Same High Producer

Various Artists The Brothers Arranger, Drums, Producer, Organ, Bass, Guitar, Percussion Elan All Roads Producer

Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes The Block Party (2) Keyboards, Vocal Arrangement, Drum Programming Elephant Man Comin' 4 You Producer

Red Rat I'm a Big Kid Now Arranger, Multi Instruments, Producer, Engineer

Beenie Man Art and Life (Japan Bonus Track) Producer, ?

Ky-Mani Marley The Journey Drums, Keyboards, Producer, Drum Programming

Ghost Love You Producer, Engineer, Project Coordinator, Musician

Wyclef Jean The Ecleftic: 2 Sides II a Book Producer

Beenie Man Art and Life Producer

Beenie Man Art and Life (Clean) Producer

Spragga Benz Fully Loaded Producer

Various Artists DV-10: A Decade of Delicious Vinyl Producer

Various Artists R&B: From Doo Wop to Hip Hop Producer

Ky-Mani The Journey Drums, Keyboards, Producer, Drum Programming

Pras Ghetto Superstar (Australia Bonus CD) Producer

Various Artists Office Space Producer

South Park Chef Aid: The South Park Album (Extreme) Producer

Frisco Kid Finally Multi Instruments, Engineer

South Park Chef Aid: The South Park Album (Clean) Producer

South Park Chef Aid: The South Park Album Producer

Pras Ghetto Supastar Producer

Canibus Can-I-Bus Programming, Producer

Canibus Can-I-Bus (Clean) Programming, Producer

Ali Feelin' You (#1) Remixing

Da Bush Babees Ambushed (Japan) Producer, Musician

Various Artists How Stella Got Her Groove Back Producer

Funkmaster Flex The Mix Tape, Vol. 3: 60 Minutes of Funk, The Final Chapter (Clean) Producer, Executive Producer

Funkmaster Flex The Mix Tape, Vol. 3: 60 Minutes of Funk, The Final Chapter Producer, Executive Producer

John Forté Poly Sci Producer

John Forté Poly Sci (Clean) Producer, ?

Shola Ama Much Love (Single) Remixing

Ali Crucial Producer, Vocal Arrangement

Various Artists Chich-6: Reggae Producer

Various Artists Money Talks Mixing

Wyclef Jean Presents the Carnival Featuring the Refugee Allstars Producer, Engineer, Mixing

Wyclef Jean Presents the Carnival Featuring the Refugee Allstars (Clean) Producer, Engineer, Mixing

Rayvon Hear My Cry Producer
Born Jamericans Yardcore Producer, Mixing

Mark Morrison Return of the Mack (Single #2) Drums, Keyboards, Producer, Remixing, Bass

Various Artists Money Talks (Clean) Mixing

The Fugees Bootleg Versions Producer

Mad Cobra Milkman Arranger, Drums, Multi Instruments, Producer

Toni Braxton You're Makin' Me High (US) Producer, Remixing, Remastering

The Fugees The Score Producer

Various Artists Blue in the Face (Luaka Bop) Producer, ?

Various Artists Positively Reggae Producer, Remixing, Mixing

Shabba Ranks Let's Get It On Producer, Remixing

Funkmaster Flex Nuttin' But Flavor Producer

Patra Scent of Attraction (#1) Producer

Shabba Ranks A Mi Shabba Producer, Mixing

Various Artists Nervous Hip Hop Producer

Ini Kamoze Here Comes the Hotstepper Producer

Various Artists Clockers (Original Soundtrack) Producer

Various Artists Pret-A-Porter (Ready to Wear) Producer

Da Bush Babees Ambushed Producer, Performer

Black Sheep Non-Fiction Producer

Black Sheep Non-Fiction (Clean) Producer

The Fugees Blunted on Reality Producer

Mega Banton First Position Remixing

The Fugees Vocab Producer

Various Artists Stir It Up (Columbia) Producer

Vicious Destination Brooklyn Producer, Mixing

Various Artists Reggae Gold '94 Producer, Remixing

Patra Queen of the Pack Voices, Producer, Drum Programming, Remastering

Biz Markie All Samples Cleared! Arranger, Producer, Mixing

Shabba Ranks Rough & Ready, Vol. 2 Producer, Remixing

Various Artists Addams Family Values Producer, Mixing

Various Artists Strong Enough (Ep) Keyboards, Producer

Various Artists Under Doctors Orders Producer

Zhigge Zhigge Arranger, Producer, Engineer, Mixing

Various Artists Strong Enough Producer

Kurtis Blow Kingdom Blow Keyboards

Where this kat awards at..... I'm a FAN of him.... GIVE HIM the Same Resecpt as DRE, if not MORE!!!!Salaam Remi

dialogic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
Be yaself please. Besides, half of those beats aint his,,,,,There's a lot of talent here, and some nice noobs,,,don't try to sound like someone else.

to me, this is the take home message from stress

that said, i'ma hop on dre's dick, rza's, alchemist's, premo's, 9th's, even maybe les and salaam remi cuz i'll never be half the man they r

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hey look Frk.....I do not see EriK Sermon on your list....He did RnB Too, Zhane and some other Group....he was bragging about it while looking at the plaque when he was shooting Pool at his crib on this show on cable.........I Love Dre but if you been around like me....Dre is the THE MOST successful...........but if you like me when Dre Came out....HE WAS NOT HIP HOP....it was gangster Rap.....Just for the Record.......the HIP HOP out then WAS Jungle Brothers, Tribe and De LA SOUL

So in the words MOST USED Referring to Dre in his Rap and Gfunk beginnings..NOW THATS GANGSTA!
and in the Words to describe to the producers and groups out very close to that time that was doing the Real Hip Hop Like BDP and De LA.....I got this to say.....NOW THAT WAS HIP HOP....

You skipping over a lot of Production and innovative minds to just say DR. Dre is the greatest...I can't agree.......the most successful Yeah thats harder to argue.........I look for some categories and stats to start defining greatness.....not just all of the media and him getting all of the projects....theres other producers out there but they do not get the work....

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
Yes, Erick getts props too.. my thing was just to show that Dre isnt the only one making it... I think Dre is successfull but only becauses the media has made him a household name.... yes he's gangstaness and him being w/ NWA did land him in front of the media..... but if you look at Remi... He's got alot of classics under his belt.... w/ a bunch of DIFFERENT artists..... Dre got a great trk record, but in my eye in the same circle that he's always been w/.... But the greatest is still unknown for me.....

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Ya Dre Use 2 Be My Favorite until I heard He Has all these people that play every Instrument But The Drums For him , I wonder if he plays the drums all the time too. I mean FUck If Dre Wanna PLay the Drums Only Join a Band !

HE never Reinvented himself he had money to Hire some Extremely Talented people . Anyways I still Enjoy his Beats or who ever makes them , YOu cant take away the fact that those beats are Great though just because we dont no who made em .

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
2001 aint fuckin wit chronic 1... but anyways jay dee is the greatest of all time... dre's more comercially viable then other producers.... the thing about dre is, in his position he has alot of power to bring new talent out, and he only making commercial decisions, and scrappin the rakim album... damn,

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I like Dre...I think he has gotten that puffy mentality now...where he hears shyt and tells other musicains how he wants it to sound and put his name on it....which i cant really be mad at...not everybody can tell whats a hit and what aint

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
ART MPC 4000 said:
PLEASE LET ME KNOW...WHO IS BETTER THAN DRE AS A HIP-HOP PRODUCER. WHO, WHO, WHO LET ME KNOW.

Better? It depends on style. Dre got that West Coast sound down to a science, but cme on,,,is he really fuckin wit' Premo, Prince Paul, RJD2, RZA, E Dub, Mr. Len,,,,etc. Dre is the the best when it comes commercially, but not all time.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
DEAR GOD PLEASE LET A BULLET FLY THROUGH THE SERVER THAT HOSTS THIS THREAD AND DESTROY ALL DATA RELATING TO THIS ARGUMENT

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YOU'RE RIGHT... I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE EITHER!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

please, stop the madness.

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
art Mpc 4000 said:
Please Let Me Know...who Is Better Than Dre As A Hip-hop Producer. Who, Who, Who Let Me Know.

Oh, I don't know. Why don't you glance to your left and tell me who's on my avatar.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

-Roy