A question about creating music w/ ableton live 4.0

S

summersc2002

Hey guyz,

Im brand new to creating music w/ my comp. Im about to buy ableton live 4.0 because I just tried the demo and its pretty amazing. But what do I know, Im new. Thats why I want to know from u guz if its good. I also want to make sure I can create w/ live (loops, samples,songs from scratch). If so, how do i integrate sounds into the program or am I just supposed to do it from the impulse and simpler? Any advice you guyz can give me, I really appreciate.

also, do u guyz know where i can get any free vst plugins to go w/ live?

Chris

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Skys the limit really with that prgm as long as u cop some dope VST plugins if yer real into doing some sampled or synthasized stuff - theres really alot out there....I use live 4 and its the shit....My primary prgm to create in is Reason tho, but i Rewire to Live so that i can Remix and Lay my Vocals....I also like to use my plugins through Live on my reason track while using rewire to polish the sound off. From what i can see tho, u really have all the tools to make any music u wish just with that prgm alone.

STEEZO

O

Okiekine

Ableton Live is a fine piece of software, I tend to use it for performance and arrangement instead of making music though. FL still owns my soul when it comes to laying down beats. You can definitely use it to make beats though, it has an interesting overdub mentality about it that reminds me of my first sequencer on some Kawai synth.

Tons of free and useful plugins out there. I think I answered you on another thread but if that wasn't you. http://del.icio.us/tag/vst and KVRAudio are good spots.

summersc2002 said:
Hey guyz,

Im brand new to creating music w/ my comp. Im about to buy ableton live 4.0 because I just tried the demo and its pretty amazing. But what do I know, Im new. Thats why I want to know from u guz if its good. I also want to make sure I can create w/ live (loops, samples,songs from scratch). If so, how do i integrate sounds into the program or am I just supposed to do it from the impulse and simpler? Any advice you guyz can give me, I really appreciate.
also, do u guyz know where i can get any free vst plugins to go w/ live?
Chris

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I only used Live4. I used cubase and reason and some other progs but live is the simplest, fastest yet more powerfull of the gang (for what I do with it tho, making beats not recording or mixing or...).

I use alot the free vst at http://www.vst-mda.com

S

summersc2002

hey guyz

i really appreciate all the info , thanx

chris

members online