a good hardware interface for controlling software mixer on laptop

ill o.g.
what's up-
i'm thinking i'm gonna trade in my mackie dfx-12 for a presonus firepod. Since the need for the mackie and its i/o's are not really needed anymore and the fact that i want to try to be more mobile, i'm looking for a good piece of equipment that has the faders and knobs to assign to my sonar 4 mixer and just keep it software on my laptop. Does anyone have any recs as to a could piece of gear for this issue? also, what's your guys's take on goin pretty much completely software On the mixing side of things? i'm still gonna be using my mpc, fantom and cdj....
thx a billion- Sub Conscience

p.s. yeah i know that the presonus is rackmountable which doesn't seem mobile, but i have ways around this...

CVPbeatz

ill o.g.
prsonus firepod for controllin knobs????i dont think that conrols knobs...ur better off with a uc33, its cheap, and i heard good things bout it, or any other control surface maby that m audio one, that cool one, no tthe uc33. Do u want an audio interface?? cuz it seems like u just want a control surface....

ill o.g.
the firepod is basically becoming my new soundcard with all the i/o's that i'll need....the uc-33 or whatever controller i end up with is to control my software mixer without resorting to screwing around with a mouse and being more hands on...so recommendations on the controller part is what i'm looking for- thx