A few things I am sick of in hip-hop....

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Really high pitched voices from samples, DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP.

Kanye pulled it off a few times, so did Blaze but now it sounds lame. Please stop, it sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks!

#2 Snare drums that change pitch dramatically as they roll, this is so lame and I know its a dirty south mainstay, but gosh it sucks.

#3 of course auto tune DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well...you may not like it...but it's here to stay....

Autotune is also here to stay......

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I think Roger Troutman invented that sound, in any case, auto tune is on it's second time around...this time it was more popular than the 80's, I think everybody has used it at some point...lol. It's being used a lot where pitch correction is needed. Fuk auto tune!

The Alvin sound is bearable, some of it sounds really good imo.

Snare drums that drastically change pitch has always sucked!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Now go back and read what I said...here i'll copy it for you..."I think Roger Troutman invented that sound" I didn't say he invented "auto tune". You can explain how different they are but the ish sounds just about the same.

And...
Wikipedia said:
Auto-Tune is a proprietary[2] audio processor created by Antares Audio Technologies. Auto-Tune uses a phase vocoder to correct pitch in vocal and instrumental performances.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Actually vocoders were developed as early as 1928!!!

This clip is from 1944 and features the Talking steel guitar effect.

Another from 1940 featuring sonovox (which is more like a talk box):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-krlgo2e8"]‪Incredible Sonovox - Kay Kyser - 1940 film "You'll Find Out"‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

How is auto-tune radically different from those technologies? It's just a more advanced computer-based version with more features.

Dac that is a vocoder

and actually a vocoder is very different from auto tune.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Fuck evolution in music.....

Let's keep music the same forever....

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
The music that is timeless has the most human connection. Auto tune removes that. That's why it is just a fad.

For example Bob Dylan, Jim Croce are time less. You can air there songs on the radio today and they could fit in. But The cars sound dated.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The corporate nature of the record industry is preventing that. When Hip Hop music was developing labels allowed artists to be themselves (or whatever they wanted to be for that matter). But now since everything is about money you can either be a gangsta or post nerdcore rapper ... either way it's really wack.

Anyways I'm confident consumers will wake up someday and request quality records. It happened to other music genres.

Nahh, It needs to evolve, whats missing is variety! Everything is is just gansta and wanna be gangsta now. :)

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Anyways I'm confident consumers will wake up someday and request quality records. It happened to other music genres.

Most consumers are nerdcore people tho. They exist because people want them or identify with them. The prob is with our culture and our people. They are trained to flock to a bandwagon and joke or make fun of the band wagon, like at a party (See Rebecca Black, Waka Gucci. Shit, people diss the fuck out of JCole, Big Sean, etc even though they still mess with the music)

Hip Hop isnt about the music, its about what fun people can have to your music (Either dancing or jokes). Its a side effect of artists being on the same level as the fans, that respect of the craft has been lifted, its one big party now