A feel for re-introduction...

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
YO!!! What's up? SyN - Brooklyn, NYC here!!!

I have been a member of Illmusik.com for quite sometime now. I am always dropping by and visiting and listening to some great work from you guys... but i have been being "that guy"..... Therefor, I would like to start getting more involved in getting more involved in the scene here and trying to keep in contact more often and start listening and criticin' some beats from you guys in the showcase... and before not too long... i want to get up in those competitions and get some feedback on whats goin on on my side...

My name is SyN from SyN productions in Brooklyn, NYC. Give a look at the website for some info on my background and stylin'...
http://www.synproductions.net
Please sign up on the list there... let me know you showed up from Illmuzik... and drop me some PM's.... i would like to get to know some people on here and maybe get some collaborations going on. Holla back and give me some feedback...

"Music with Edge"

SyN

SUICYCO MANIA
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Yo, thanx for the welcoming... You are deffinitely one of the people that i have noticed around the site. Name happens to be around a lil bit. I like some of your work i have heard. And I must say, i have always enjoyed my stay at this site and have seen some real proggress go on with it since i have been around. It is quite empressive. Anyways, as far as that equipment question goes...

I have had access to some big studios and allot of equipment in the past... but as for now and with the drop in work at the bigger studios my budget has became pretty low. This is the "Amazing setup i have at the homefront":

- 90% of my sequencing is done using Pro-Tools (the remaining 10 percent is done in the hardware sequencer on the Yamaha RM1X

- I have a VERY basic Pro-Tools rig going on at home here... (after working mainly on Mix+ and HD systems it seems even more basic... but it works... sometimes...)
- The system is based around a Apple - G4 550 Titanium laptop running OSX v. 10.2.8 with 768 Megs of Ram and mainly working with Pro-Tools LE 6.1.2
- As far as pro-tools hardware goes... we are runnin with the Digi M-Box... oh boy
- Also as far as midi goes... My MIDI interface is a MOTU USB Fastlane 2x2... and i also use the EDIROL PCR-30 as a MIDI controller Keyboard... it's pretty small... but it fits on my desk and it has a sick choice of slider/knob/button controllers onboard... a sick piece of gear for all of you reason people out there...
- I also have the Yamaha RM1X Sequence Remixer... This is used for pad MIDI input... more Knob Controllers... some of the effects are used out of it... and most of all... it is my main sound source for most sounds you will hear me making...
- As far as the microphone selection goes... i have some decent stuff... but the M-box is my only choice of input... My main microphone is a Marshall MXL V77 Vintage Tube Condensor Mic... other than that i have a couple of your basic Shures as well as a vintage Unidyne Model 548, in collaboration with Shure Brothers Inc. ... this is a very interesting mic...
- Also have a Washburn Force1 Bass Guitar customized and rewired and modded with Active EMG pickups.... and to follow that up i got my trusty Kramer Electric Guitar up on the wall as well... and a couple extra outboard preamps and effects to go with those toys...

That pretty much covers everything except for the small extras and what not laying around and any other gear i can borrow or if i am working on a project at one of my other locations...

... And what are you runnin on?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
p3 450MHZ FOR THE SLOW POKE MASSIVE!

Nice site and sound btw, good contestant for the beatbattles, throwing up the notch will be good for comps.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yo site is off the chain syn and ya songs to, what percussion instrument did you used to play when you were in band, and you got a nice set-up i would like to have something like that one day,

well i am glad to see ya here stay up dog

members online