9th Wonder rollin' soooooolo

SlickVikNewman

Hip Hop Super Villian
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
This is an article from XXL about the Little Brother breakup and I thought it was an interesting read due to the fact that the writer says somethings alot of the Illmuzik Fam has said about 9th Wonder for a while. Im not agreeing or disagreeing but hey, he might have a point

http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=7241

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Yeah man,
Read this on another website yesterday, that Little Brother is done.

People really hate 9th Wonder, crazy. So what if he uses the same snare, he has a good ear for choosing samples and has turned out some real solid joints. The Listening is one of my favorite albums of the last five years...

Anyways, I'm sure all three of them will still keep grinding. 9th is young, and if he's anything like other producers, he'll come back with a newer and stronger style. Phonte is working with Nicolay and also did vocals on one track on the new 4hero record. As for Pooh, no idea what he's doing, but all three of them have contributed some positive lyrics and music to hip hop culture, better than a lot of the brainless fake gangsta shit that sells millions IMO....

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is an article from XXL about the Little Brother breakup and I thought it was an interesting read due to the fact that the writer says somethings alot of the Illmuzik Fam has said about 9th Wonder for a while. Im not agreeing or disagreeing but hey, he might have a point

Man, that's messed up. Them brothers should have worked it out. The Minstrel Show was a great album IMO. I'm a fan of 9th and LB, but I've read too many interviews with him (9th) and he comes across way to serious and seems like he doesn't accept change. I didn't like how he always mentions he did everyhing with audacity and FL. I'm like keep some stuff hush hush and when you make that paper UPGRADE cause your style was getting a little stale. But he's like why change? NOW YOU KNOW WHY!

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
I can't believe they broke up! But I guess they feel it's for the best. I like 9th's style, if it ain't broke don't fix. Listen to the interview!!!

Now they’ve gone and announced that 9th Wonder is no longer a member of the group at all, which I took to mean there’s some sort of beef. You’ll recall that 9th Wonder would rarely, if ever tour with them, and my guess is that him getting the U-God treatment on the next album couldnt’ have helped matters.

Well he wasn't always on tour for logical reasons. Check out this interview...http://proghiphop.com/podcasts/xm_subsoniq_9thwonder_proghiphop.mp3

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I can't believe they broke up! But I guess they feel it's for the best. I like 9th's style, if it ain't broke don't fix. Listen to the interview!!!

Now they’ve gone and announced that 9th Wonder is no longer a member of the group at all, which I took to mean there’s some sort of beef. You’ll recall that 9th Wonder would rarely, if ever tour with them, and my guess is that him getting the U-God treatment on the next album couldnt’ have helped matters.

Well he wasn't always on tour for logical reasons. Check out this interview...http://proghiphop.com/podcasts/xm_subsoniq_9thwonder_proghiphop.mp3

Werd AMG, but if I was a emcee in that group that'd be cool with me. More dough, more time to shine as an emcee without the producer trying be all up on the mic. (doing shows) I doubt that's the case, but who knows.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
let this be a lesson u always have to stay on top of your game and be an innovator ... have ur own style .. but progress within that style so people have something to look forward to from you ... that being said 9th is talented and im sure he is gonna bounce back from this

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
The break up was mutual and LB is still on Atlantic at the moment they are still releasing the third lp on the label proabably und asylum. Dont feel bad for either 9th has been doing is thing wit other artists for years and it seems like the others are getting all his real fire. Phonte and Pooh are a nice Duo and wit Krysis on the JL and the fact that ppl like Pete Rock like messing wit them its a step forward for all parties shit i dont want Phonte and Pood to end up CL Smooths or Guru let them flourish in to the Artist I think that they are shit PHONTE is damn near one of the nicest dudes in the game. And Pooh is rapidly improving getting better and better its time for them to steup out the shadow of mr. 9th

bet in a few years they will do a reunion album

SoChi

Beatmaker
ill o.g.

Don't take any of Byron Crawford's negative bullshit seriously. He hates on everything and everybody. Lupe Fiasco called him out on his hatemongering, and he called Lupe Fiasco's album "jihadist" and said a bunch of other prejudicial shit. Also, go, to his website and see his views on African American women.

I think Little Brother'll be str8 without 9th though. Foreign Exchange>any Little Brother project.

ill o.g.
Yeah man,
Read this on another website yesterday, that Little Brother is done.

People really hate 9th Wonder, crazy. So what if he uses the same snare, he has a good ear for choosing samples and has turned out some real solid joints. The Listening is one of my favorite albums of the last five years...

Anyways, I'm sure all three of them will still keep grinding. 9th is young, and if he's anything like other producers, he'll come back with a newer and stronger style. Phonte is working with Nicolay and also did vocals on one track on the new 4hero record. As for Pooh, no idea what he's doing, but all three of them have contributed some positive lyrics and music to hip hop culture, better than a lot of the brainless fake gangsta shit that sells millions IMO....

9th wonder is not young dude is like 30 yrs old

I can agree though he probably will go on to be succesful as a solo producer, he's got a good producer resume so far

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
to me 9th and LB made a perfect combo if anything little brother got the worst part of this break up cuz regardless 9th got tracks on beyonce's and destiny's child album he got tracks wit boot camp sean price he got mad ways to earn income ..

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
nicolay produces for them they also have khrysis vonpee and some others shocked to hear about beef but again i need visual proof ain't he doing some teaching class with kid from kid n play some hip hop shit at a university giving lectures and producing may be difficult who knows the truth will come out soon

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Don't take any of Byron Crawford's negative bullshit seriously. He hates on everything and everybody. Lupe Fiasco called him out on his hatemongering, and he called Lupe Fiasco's album "jihadist" and said a bunch of other prejudicial shit. Also, go, to his website and see his views on African American women.

I think Little Brother'll be str8 without 9th though. Foreign Exchange>any Little Brother project.

Fuck Byron Crawford without a doubt. He's the definition of a playahata.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
9th wonder is not young dude is like 30 yrs old

I can agree though he probably will go on to be succesful as a solo producer, he's got a good producer resume so far

when did 30 become not young

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
oh yeah alot of promoters would fuck up the money when they only saw 2 peeps instead of 3 that was another reason but basically 9th can't tour cuz of the school and as you know producing for other people there are other articles and they never got dropped just google it you will find the truth

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
well my 2 cents - I think it was all about the "sound" that came out of LB that is going to be missed. I think 9th was an integral part of that sound. Minstrel Show didn't hit commercially, but neither did many other artists in 2006. If I'm not mistaken, only TI went Platinum before the onslaught of releases in Nov/Dec. I also don't think it was 9th's fault - Phonte comes up with most of the concepts for songs. And any time you try to go commercial on a topic such as a Minstrel Show, you're only going to continue to appeal to your core fans. They probably needed to really be honest with themselves and put in more work to appeal to a broader audience - while staying true to what they are.

At any rate, this is all very interesting but it just goes to show you that in this "profession" of producing, you gotta build for self.

Oh yeah - 30 is young!! DAMMIT!!! lol