9th wonder (Life of a Producer: A Documentary)

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Interesting video, if i had someone just hand me out samples all day id be living the life

seems to take half the effort out...well as a sampled-based producer anyway

but cant knock it till i try it !!!

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
like how he flipped the MC sample in the beginning.

D

DIRTYDUNNZ

I was hollaring when I heard those records dude was playing in the record store. Those joints were ill! Much luv to 9th.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
it kinda pisses me off that he gets ridiculous samples handed to him but cant hate i guess thas what u get when u make hits and show love to the streets the way they show love to him..dope video cant wait for that murs album comin out

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
so he just makes beats with a laptop alone? no midi controllers or nothin?

pretty much Just blaze said they were kickin in the studio and shyt hes making joints he looks over at ninth jammin in the corner wit a record player laptop and some headphones...pretty similar how i do my beats as far as resources

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i knew every single sample played... any real prodcuer would know those! im very supriused 9th wonder never heard Zulema b4. WTF not hearing zulema and being a producer shuld be a crime...and u write classic that shit was used by AZ like 2 years ago produced by j love one of my favorite songs

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can you share those samples in this thread if you dont mind ?

I sampled Zulema before... and Mint Condition...lol aint old enough for me yet

but zshare them other joints

i can do damage to the first 3 he played

Font

Producer / Sound Designer
ill o.g.
I have Zulema 1972 (Sussex), now I'm waiting to get King Flody and the beauty of sampling is that I make about three beat from one track.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
the samples were dope but the video as a whole was kinda corny. no disrespect because ive learned so much from 9th from a FL standpoint but, im gettin tired of him. Show me a Madlib video that dude is forever expanding...OHNO too.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the chick who's putting this documentary together is apart of the true school collective that 9th is also a partial founder of.

as far criticizing him because the shop guy is puttin him on to those records...

be mindful, his job is to sell the records, and i'm sure (just as the record guy) 9th is buyin. i would like to assume that 9th discovered some dope shit on his own.

but, build and break enough bread with the record store guy, he'll begin to learn what you're lookin for and put you own to shit without you looking for it, in the end, he sells the record, you get the dope record..essentially a win-win. trust there are record shops who look out for pete rock, premo, etc..when they roll thru..because they're regulars, and they'll spend the loot if they feel the record is worthy (refer to deep crates dvd vol.1...but they don't stop there...)

and that's cool and all, but anyone who digs, knows the sweet satisfaction of FINDING a dope record. it's the best!

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
I dunno man.. I was listening to the Listening ( whoa ) recently and i was just thinking how much i love the vibe of 9th beats. He's got serious skills but dude needs to step up his drum game to really get it on..

He knows how to rearrange those samples and all. now he needs to get some harder drums with a more real sound. I can still hear it's fruity in those drums he uses.

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I dunno man.. I was listening to the Listening ( whoa ) recently and i was just thinking how much i love the vibe of 9th beats. He's got serious skills but dude needs to step up his drum game to really get it on..

He knows how to rearrange those samples and all. now he needs to get some harder drums with a more real sound. I can still hear it's fruity in those drums he uses.

WTF? LOL! He doesn't use stock drums from FL. LMAO!

members online