50cent

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NottyBeatz

He is AIGHT i guess. Beatz and Power [Dre and Eminem] have alot to do with it though.... Lets see if the G unit album sells!

OnE

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
AAWWWW c'mon, canibus's first album wasnt trash, that kid is so lyrical, its a shame he didnt blow up...one of the best EVER.somebody please quote me on that.

C

Copenhagen

I wouldn't call Canibus' first album trash but he would have been better of not having Wyclef behind the mixer...just sad he didn't get better prducers for his second album when he knew he had to do some serious business...

B

Big La

I still think canibus is one of the most gifted lyricists the grace the business. Unfortunately, he couldn't find a dope beat to save his life. The only dope cuts I heard him on were '2nd round knockout' and his two on Tony Touch's joint ("Boyz 2 Men" and "It's Logic").

There were rumors of him going to the Def Squad. Anyone else heard that?

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
50 Cent is alright for what he is, as far as actual lyrical depth, I'm not really that impressed.

B

BoogieMan

I see so much hating going on in these forums. I though this was a place for Hip Hop producers to collaborate and talk about Hip Hop shit. All I been seeing here is 'I hate Eminem' or 'I hate 50Cent'. And I know each and every one of you haters is hoping to get an Eminem or a 50Cent on their tracks. I know I am. I wouldn't mind a Busta Rhymes or a Method Man, but shit... Give me an Eminem and my $100 million dollar a year record company and I'll be aiight.

capkom

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
50 is hot right now. Lyrics don't sell records. People would pay Nelly not to rap if lyrics was an issue. But 50 got that weird voice since he got shot, plus he pretty slick on the hooks. People like how 50 says wudup Gangstaaaaa and how he use his words. His underground tracks out now is way liver than what he got on the cd. As for the G-unit cd, It'll get some sales. I don't know if yall know about Lloyd Banks tho. I would say his lyrics is the coldest in G-unit. This nigga said " i know the watch is botherin your vision, but reach and i'll put a dot on your head like its part of your religion". Just watch out for him. I'm about to start a forum about the hardest line u heard in a verse. holla at me!

K

" Killah! "

50 could make a recording of his telephone conversation ordering pizza and sell a million copies of that.

50 had so many things going for him, EM and Dre, obviously, but the fact that he's street, and he got shot nine times and survived made him that much more of an icon.

"In Da Club's" Instrumental could have made anyone hot. So many things that kids idolize are embodied in 50.

It's odd, however that 50 disses Ja Rule for singing his hooks when 50 himself sings most of his own hooks.

Hmmmm.

RedRayn

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Originally posted by MarkN
I had only heard a bit of his underground stuff 'how to rob' etc and thought that was pretty kewl so when i heard the hype about his new album with Dre i thought i betta check it out ! At first i really liked it, but as you listen to it more and more u realise that the lyrics aint all that and the beats are just repetitive !

I "beg to differ"

50 has alot of nice rhymes on Get Rich or Die Trying.

Here is just a couple...
"I got a purple heart for war... and I ain't even left the city"
"Now I know I'm here for a real reason... he got hit like I got hit but he ain't fuckin breathin"
"You's a poptart sweetheart, you soft in the middle... I eat you for breakfast... etc"

High All the Time is a good track.
Many Men is the best track on the CD.

To be honest, I think if 50 got as much hype as he's gotten, Tony Yayo deserves more. I think he's better than 50.

But aside from all that, 50 is definatly not the best lyricist. Which is why i hate mainstream. All the real good lyricists, are underground... well... 90% of them.
Reason why I like 50, is cuz he's one the most real life rappers that's made it. In a way, he reminds me of 2Pac. But Pac would crush him. I heard that Hail Mary remix... Eminem brags how Pac would never fuck with Ja...
I don't think Pac wouldn't fuck with Em either, Em just talks trash, but he does hit hard tho. Pac MIGHT fuck with 50... i kinda doubt it tho. I can see DMX and Pac doin some shit tho...

38Specill

50 cent is a dope rapper. I have been listening to his stuff before he got popular and it seems as if his stuff just gets hotter and hotter everytime. I think "get right or die tryin'" was a great cd and i cant wait to hear the new one that he puts out. He's one of those rappers that cares about every track and dont put out 2 hits and the rest of the cd is shit. thats a good quality he has. his stuff aint shit. its always a cd you can listen to through the whole way and be like, "all these songs are good." i respect that.

P

phaethon

I think he's witty and he's got talent. I think people are intrigued by his past as much as they are by his his music.

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dig some of his new songs, like "many men" but i really like the "guess who's back" album!

Helios

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man 50 cent is ten times doper than DMX will ever be.
On that new album is a dope dre beat that I love.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Copenhagen
I'm feeling 50 Cent but I think the hype about him or for that matter anything of Shady/Aftermath has become a joke...

One day, soon I think (and hope and pray), people will finally loose their interest in listening to the same Eminem's aggressive-white-trash-lyrics over and over and over and over and over again...and then the interest for his artists will most likely fade too.

What do you mean by aggressive-white-trash-lyrics ? When you say that it looks like you've only have heard his first album. I'm gon agree with you but only for his first album. Now he is standing next to Nas, Jay-Z, Biggie, Pac, Rakim, well the big league.

For 50 cent, I like the dude. He is not lyrical but is flow is so hot and original. Gotta admit it.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Originally posted by phaethon
I think he's witty and he's got talent. I think people are intrigued by his past as much as they are by his his music.

Hos be like "Fitty, you so witty"
On the dick like they heard I ghostwrite for P.Diddy

Just joking.

When he says that ja rule is singing, he means sing for gurl " You sing for hoes and sound like the cookie monster"

I think this thread his going nowhere. It's a "Like or don't " Thread which brings people bitchin' over others.

C

Copenhagen

Originally posted by Qwerty
What do you mean by aggressive-white-trash-lyrics ? When you say that it looks like you've only have heard his first album. I'm gon agree with you but only for his first album. Now he is standing next to Nas, Jay-Z, Biggie, Pac, Rakim, well the big league.

True, I haven't paid much attention to him since his first album.
To me, he just got boring and it seems that he just keeps repeating himself...but as mentioned I haven't really listened to him lately.
Its all a matter of opinion and either you like him, hate him or you're stuck inbetween.

I'll agree with Qwerty. Its time to close the thread. Thank you all for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.