1st Midi Keyboard

Jason7564

ill o.g.
Yea I'm about to get my first keyboard next week I think? Right now I'm thinking about getting the CME UF6 for about £155..... would ne1 else recommend something different for me to start out with? I'm gonna be using it with reason when I get that along with it... So yea what would every1 suggest for me to get just to start me up on this production thing.

Oh and 1 more thing... I think I've got some directx sound audigy sound card right now n some async 5.1 speakers.. should I think about gettin a new sound card or some different speakers or some headphones too? idk I always thought it had good sound, but idk whether a new sound card would help a lot or not.... but yea the main thing is the keyboard right now lol so what would every1 suggest...?

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Anything that has a decent keyfeel, Is cheap, And apeals to you.

Midi keyboards dont produce sound, so one isnt exactly "Better" then the next. As long as its well made, And has a good keyfeel, you should be good to go.

Im not too sure on your Soundcard, Altho i believe its more of a gaming card. And yes, A good set of monitor's and headphones is a must.

Jason7564

ill o.g.
I'm gonna sound dum here but.....

What do I need to get my midi to work as in other hardware? I heard some1 say that all u needed to do was just plug it straight into the usb port... n then others r saying I need some other shit... n thats just pissed me off cuz im gonna have to spend like another £80 on other shit i didnt kno i needed. So yea ... what else do i need .. midi keyboard and ?????????

z0n3d0u7

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You cant even get them to work, if you manually route them?

[I.E., Inside of FL6, RIGHT Click the play button / Link to controller / then press the "play" button on your controller?]

members online