1 billion from ********

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
http://mashable.com/2010/06/08/riaa-********-1-billion/
Wow..
So Dac thats what happened.

After winning a ruling against peer-to-peer file-sharing service ******** last month, the recording industry has told a federal judge it aims to recoup “over a billion dollars” from the defendant as well.

U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood ruled in favor of the RIAA in the lawsuit, finding that users of the ******** service committed a “substantial amount of copyright infringement” and that its developer, the Lime Group, did not take “meaningful steps to mitigate infringement.” In a new court order issued Monday, the RIAA indicated to Judge Wood that the “amount of statutory damages awarded in this case easily could be in the hundreds of millions of dollars (if not over a billion dollars).”

It’s an astronomical sum and yet par for the course for the music industry, which has consistently sought extremely high damages in file-sharing cases — in some cases up to $150,000 per track (conveniently though, media conglomerates rarely perceive the same gravity when outed for piracy themselves). It seems clear that the RIAA is laying the groundwork for an all-out battle to completely destroy ******** and the Lime Group along with it.

This is yet another bloody chapter in a long and weary war surrounding content distribution on the Internet. What are your thoughts on the RIAA’s ambitions: is it plausible ******** deprived them of over $1 billion?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
weird..

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
wait, I got a Kim Jong il article...???

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
this is no joke...I searched "GangStarr" on lymewire and got 0 results...lymewire is so dead now you can't find ish on it. I think its a waste of time going after these companies. Stop file sharing, not the companies that utilize it.

Peace Out Pat

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Could it all be part of the governments eventual plan of absolute censorship...? My advice to you is to not get into conspiracy theories.