Your favourite Dre beat

H

Hitman

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the board. I like Dre's older beats, but I have to say the overall organization of the title track on The Documentary for The Game was one of the most insane beats I have ever heard.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Are you saying that Dre produced the Song, The Documentary?
Becuase he didn't.

and Qwerty, it was back in the days. Dre was a digger like most producers back then. I mean, Rapper's Delight ain't wack just cause they loop'd a Good Times break. The breaks is the foundation of hip-hop. So Dre ain't wack for using a Leon Haywood break.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Yeah, like hitman said Dre didn't do The Documentary, Jeff Bhasker did..don't know who the hell he is though lol.

But vince, I didn't say he was wack, i just lost respect for the track not him. Cuz you grow up listenning to these tracks, thinking: damn can't believe he arrange this and that. And then you found the sample and I was like: arrangement?? he didn't do nothing!!!.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yeah, i feel you though.

except when i heard the original I was like "daaamn, this shit is smooth. dre really found a diamond here...but why didn't he sample the girl moaning?" :p

J Beatz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i like em all bu my favorite is "What's the Difference" on 2001. the brass instruments are sik. the beat is bangin

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
the watcher beat was hot, put xplosive or the next episode are my favs, btw nuttin but g thing was acctually replayed by an in house band he didnt even use the sample he has it remade so he can take things in and out of the sound, i think

Corpz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
Me, it's definetaly Gd'Up from G-unit. I don't know why this song doesn't get all the hype it deserves, i don't know if it is sample though, but it's fiiiyyaa
damn u know thats a bangin ass beat!!! thats my favorite G-Unit song ever and that beat is disgusting!

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
trinidad said:
btw nuttin but g thing was acctually replayed by an in house band he didnt even use the sample he has it remade so he can take things in and out of the sound, i think

Wish I could do that...I have the band... if only I had the equipment...

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
To many to name one but I did like the beats on the firm album but then again I' started to find out that other producers where doing some of my fav Dre beats

D

dj imperial

im not a big fan of dre but i did like the sh*t he did for NWA...after that he kinda fell off. did dre produce "A Bitch is a Bitch"? if he did that''ll be my pick. i think dj yella might have made it but either way its a tight beat.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I love all of Dre's beats but of the top of my head my favourite beat would be "Warren G - Game Don't Wait (remix)" or most of the stuff he did on Doggystyle

Dre is crazy

OffSet

HIpHOP
ill o.g.
My favorite DRE beat of all time i would have to say IS from the Movie "Deep Cover"

(187)with Snoop!

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
PhleX said:
yo what was the original nothin but a g thang? anyone got it so i can hear?
Leon Haywood- I Want'a Do Something Freaky to You