You guys are sleeping on Koala sampler.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I mean just look at this thing, you can make it look however you want. That’s literally a track I’m working in. And being able to multi touch samples is amazing. I have a usb c dock for my Mac and my iPad hooked right up and my focusrite interface and my drum pad and keyboard worked straight out. Honestly I’m just bored with making beats. Even with all my hardware it’s just a distraction. But Koala replaces my mpc 2500 outright, I can sample vinyl right in. It’s like fun again. I can have my beats with me to work on at all times. I think I’m going to make my iPad the center of my production world. It’s my main computer now, even more than my m2 air. And with Logic Pro iPad it’s very full featured. Madlib did all the beats for this album
on an ipad. Things incredible.

I even got a rig I/o and am going to try and use amplitude to replace my helix and/or my bass amp live. It’s so crazy .
IMG_0508.png

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I really want to try this app but it would feel like I'm cheating on my beloved MPC! I can't do that to her. She lets me caress her knobs, push her buttons and doesn't complain when I hit her pads a bit too hard.

But yeah this is powerful. It would be nice to see something like this integrated into a DAW.

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
I'll buy eventually so that I have something to make beats on the fly. I've read reviews and saw a couple vids and it looks really cool and powerful.

Right now I only have a couple hours a night and got back into beatmaking this year, so been trying to just focus on the fundamentals vs. tooling, but I have it on my list!

members online