Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

The Bastard

hi my names luca iannino,and ive actually seen 2 live crew i concert be4........

EvRy1~MaN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Tis the end of this tale.

I'm gonna miss doo doo brown

DON'T STOP GET IT GET IT
DON'T STOP GET IT GET IT
DON'T STOP GET IT GET IT
DON'T STOP GET IT GET IT

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
"My company is going to cater to the upscale urban market..."

Uh homie... you kidding right?

"Girls, shake your titties and fall to your knees
Show that ass so I can squeeze
Then make the face like you wanna fart
Work them arms while doin' the Bart!"

Oh, you thought we forgot about that? HELL NAW!
The Bart? I wouldn't even sue you over that... I'd just slap you.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Man,,, rather u like his music or not, that cat was a pinoeer in hip hop,
-he had the balls to stand up for freedom of speach in rap long before most rappers even knew what the deal was...the cat took on the supreme court and WON

And he was one for the first artits go go national on his OWN independent lable.....

And yea he still is rapping and has a huge following in florida, he still sells out shows and puts out indepent mixtapes that go gold everytime....

Yall hate if u want, im telling u if u go to a luke show, ur gonna have a good time lol

class....

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
-he had the balls to stand up for freedom of speach in rap long before most rappers even knew what the deal was...the cat took on the supreme court and WON

And he was one for the first artits go go national on his OWN independent lable.....

And yea he still is rapping and has a huge following in florida, he still sells out shows and puts out indepent mixtapes that go gold everytime....

Yall hate if u want, im telling u if u go to a luke show, ur gonna have a good time lol

class....

Exactly. His music was bad, but he fought the good fight. That should be respected.

ROD

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
luke was tight.. ya'll must be some real geeks or something... hit a strip club and what do they play? he's music was designed just for that... go to a show... it's like bein at a strip club..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
classic said:

class....
all that is true however he is also WHY lots of shitty rap is pushed down consumers throats.
You can almost pinpoint the downfall to when he won the supreme ct case and all the controversy sold millions and white record commpanies started lickin their chops.
I have been to some Luke Shows hung with his dance squad and met the guy and I dont hate him.
I just point that fact out in my hiphop history book.
He makes the girls move and you cant hate him for that :D

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I'm not hating, by any means. I can respect any hustle that takes you above and beyond that stagnant, dead-air mindframe that most of us, as people, live in.

I'm not gonna say I'm all against booty-shaking and badonkadonk adventures, because I'd be lying my ass of. I am, however, much more receptive to that if it's done in a classier way. Listen to old soul and all that... they were perverted as hell, but you'd have to decypher it a little. Except for Millie Jackson... that chick was a fuhhhREEEEK!

And my opinion of the situation is that Luke came with it a little too hardcore... it made people (who don't enjoy hip-hop) instantly turn their heads away from hip-hop in general with a bad taste in their mouth. Had he came out with the same style, but with less raunch, I'd probably consider him a much bigger contribution to hip-hop. I just feel like homey made it hard on alot of other people by coming out the gate like that. Plus his 2 hype-men had corny-ass names.

I guess my view on this is summed up by Common Sense on "The 6th Sense"

"...She recited raps, I forgot where they was from
In 'em, she was saying how she made brothers cum
I start thinking, how many souls hip-hop has affected
How many dead folks this art resurrected
How many nations this culture connected
Who am I to judge one's perspective?
Though some of that shit y'all pop true it, I ain't relating
If I don't like it, I don't like it, that don't mean that I'm hating
I just want to innovate and stimulate minds
Travel the world and penetrate the times..."

Plus my brother had to lay knuckles on Fresh Kid Ice (the asian dude) in a nightclub. So, family bond wins by default...

But like I said, I can respect his hustle. He was an inspiration to strippers all across America.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i aunt gonna lie. i always listened to his shit with a smile

members online