Who do you feel is on top of the game right now?

T

thumper 7

Prince and N.E.R.D. Prince because he just appeared out of nowhere and did a performance with Beyonce now he's allover the news. And N.E.R.D. because the just show such range musically with Fly or Die in comparison to the Neptunes stuff.

D

Droopz

hey duece did u hear Dope or Dog Food from Z-man, i just picked it up and thought i could got a 40 instead, that LP is gonna get dusty real quick

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Dear All:

With the prevalence of several Roc-A-Fella acts on the list, I think the man of the hour is Damon Dash. He's shown remarkable prudence in diversifying the roster of his company, with the inclusion of non-hip-hop acts. Should he work on his R&B acts more heavily in an attempt for pop-crossover, he will have a definite contender for more sales.

The only signing I believe that is not worth it was Samantha Ronson. Though she may be OK, I view it as a mercy signing indicative of Damon Dash's wishful inclusion into the New York City social scene. She is the daughter of a preeminent socialite and I'd like to know what Damon Dash got in return for the signing (if anything). Perhaps admission to a better preparatory school for his kid? Perhaps admission to the better NY social networks? Who knows. I wish him well.

With that said, he still is an apt businessman that is doing well for a label that will lose the consistent sales of Jay-Z. He should stay away from film-making however.

Sincerely,
God

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
Not sure if we're talking MCs or producers. Maybe I listen to too much underground, but lyrically nobody has been impressing me as much lately as MF DOOM. The metal faced villain has dropped multiple albums recently and he just plays with his words amazingly. And he bangs tha slang like no other. How many other MCs get caught rhyming about themselves in third person on almost every track? Harder for me to say what producer I'm feeling the most recently, there are so many. And I don't know who most of these people eveyone else is talking about are; so, don't rag on me just cuz I got no TV and don't turn on the radio...lol.

stormelements

Beats That Knock
ill o.g.
c-dub said:
If your talking bout having the game on lock, nobody. The game is wide open now. Even tho the south is the thing now. Everything now seems to have a southern feel to it as fars as beatz are concern. But there is no one person (ala biggie and tupac) that has the game on lock.

I agree...as of right now...The game is wide open!!!

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
roc-a-fella ; puff ; luda; shady-aftamath......thats who's hot and who's runnin the show right now.....in my eyes at least, if your tryin to do something to get hot.........u wanna b doin just what these cats r doin............so this is like blowin my brains out, just a piece of my mind.....hahaha.....hollllaaaaaa......incog

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Jay Mutha Fuckin Dilla .... Damn...

How The Fuck Can No One Here Mention Jay Dee.... I Thought This Was A Producer Friendly Site.... Jesus... Seriously I Cant Believe I Just Read 3 Pages On This Thread And No One Said Jay Dee.... Wow... Anyways Good To See Alot Of Peeps Feeling Kanye... He Is Doin It ... Next On The List Would Be Mad Lib Definately.... And Whoever Was Talkin Bout Dame Dash I Gotta Agree ... Fuck Samantha Ronson... Did You Hear That Mop Track She Sang The Chorus On?.... Hahaha... I Had To Edit The Track And Cut Her Shit Out... .cause I Love Mop And Had To Have The Track In My Collection... Anyway The Roc Is The Shit Right Now... I Heard They Just Signed Common.... Tiiiiiight ... To Answer The ?.... The Roc Has Got Shit On Lock .... And Again... All Yall Betta Check Some Muthafuccin Jay Dee.... Illest Producer In The World

members online