whats gonna happen to hip hop!?!

ill o.g.
hey yall, if anyone here feels like i do they are thinkin that mainstream hip hop is in desperate need of something new, something that will change the game. frankly i think somethin shoulda happened along time ago to bring hip hop to a new level.. i mean that bling bling oooooh my chain is so sparkly my rims are sooo 22 inches and chrome and ooh look at me i'm hustlin and look how fat my stack is and my car my hos my crib blah blah blah... NOw i kno i'm not the 1st person to b fed up wit this shit, and i kno its almost jus as annoyin to hear the people complainin about the bling bling rappers as it is to hear the actual bling bling rappers rap... but i just wanted to share my personal view on the matter and hear others opinions on where they think hip hop is goin or where they want it to go

now when i'm drunk and partyin i'm a huge mannie fresh fan, i love to hear 50 cent stutter whatever the fuck hes tryin to say on a platinum dr. dre beat, I'm singin along with it and i'm gettin krunk lil john status and its all good.. BUT that is the only time I can even stand 4 bars of that fuckin bullshit, when theirs large amounts of THC and alcohol runnin through my vains and soaking my brain

I wouldn't be complaining its just I love what hip hop is in essence so much that it offends me that it is what it is right now. HIp hop has so much potential for being so powerful its rriddiculous. its not about only dope bangers that slap, and lyrics of the bling bling nature. It can be sooooo motherfuckin much more. As of now it is the most popular music in our culture and all it is is a beat with somebody speaking in ryme over it.. that right there has so much power its unbeleivab;e.. a persons voice can start revolutions and movements and if u can do it over a driving powerful beat u can cause so much damage its unfathomable because it can b hypnotic to people, a powerful song strikes chords in people that can change their perspective. Do some research on music therapy music can alter minds and since every person and their mother listens to hip hop think of how powerful it is. I just graduated high school a little over a year ago and it was FUCKING INSANE how many kids at my school where OBVIouseLY tryin to be like eminem or 50 cent or jus completely influenced by the hip hop culture it blew my mind. I would just think what if eminem and 50 cent where promoting somthin really positive instead of negative gangsta lifestyles how much better off everyone would be. but rappers and record labels are all bitches to whatever is payin them the money.. nelly lil john, chingy, 50 cent all those motherfuckers are doin what they do cuz they kno its guna sell and make them rich and THAT IS IT its about booty shakin and skrill makin thats it. It can be so much more

what i'm hopin for is someone or some group to come along and b one of those number 1 groups on the chart to represent individuality and creativity and music that promotes expandin your consciousness to do what you feel is right and has a positive impact.... that positive impact shit would be ideal but i would jus dig anythin of originality or some slightly different perspective or view. cuz its unrealistic all this millions of dollars and crystal and hos to most people this shit is so out of reach its impossible.. so u got all these kids trin to be like g-unit thinkin that their hustlers and what are they gunna wanna do their gunna wanna get rich or die trying and think that that is the way to live your life we all need to change this promote music that is about something else than that

I am personally in a group called the overlords and we take the idea of rapping and take it to a totally different dimension, we got hip hop beats that trail off into electronic shit and we are creating a pod like station that has all these levers knobs switches and buttons and keys and strings that just allow us to manipulate the sound live on stage or in the studio to match our feelings and our energy at that moment when we are playing them... its not the coolest thing or the "illest" thing but its somethin new hopefully we can change a few heads into using their brain instead of this snegative shit that hip hop has become... if your interested in hearing any of our stuff let me know i'll send u a link

anyone else have any ideas on where they want hip hop to go or what they think is gunna happen soon?

Peace out yall thanks alot for reading

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
id like to hear some of your stuff. You got any pics of that "station" too, it sounds interesting.

BAUSMAN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think now that hip hop has turned pop eventually it is gunna be played out and everyone (well mostly white ppl maybe) that still listens to it and dresses 'hip hop' will get made fun of like ppl who are 'stuck in the 80's' or them guys that still got the elvis hair and side burns. To most ppl that are listening to em, 50, kanye and lil bow wow and what not, they just listening cuz its the cool thing for the moment and once a new style comes throo hip hop is gunna be old new... i can see that time coming within the next few years... i dunno im high as hell right now so maybe this is me juss runnin my mouth... i'll read it sober lata

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Monkey Bars
Smif n Wessun
Common
Kanye
Digable Planets
GZA/Muggs
Planet Asia
Dogg Pound

All have dropped some sort of music this year, Planet Asia got 3 albums coming soon in 2006, so basically the real hip hop IS still here, but people would rather worry if Bow Wow really is "under 21 with a Black card" . Listen to and support what YOU like and don't worry bout the rest.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I think it's the 1st time I see DPG in the same list as Common and GZA...

I think hiphop will become like most "mature" music styles. I mean by mature "a style that is in existance for a long time and still has a fan base. Rock is a mature music style, as is dance, punk, techno and country...

Like those styles, there will be people that will overdo it... like country music fans wearing their chaps all the time or the punk fans wearing riped out pants and multicolored hairs... the pop hiphop will still say (like Shania Twain that does pop country...)

And, like in other mature styles, there will be more intelligent hiphop that will still stay strong!

ill o.g.
shadeed you are right, i wasn't sayin their is no good hip hop still coming out because their is ( ijust got the new rza think differently music and its really good) I do listen to what I like to hear and i really don't worry about what lil bow wow is doing but how many people listen to that underground rza shit compared to 50 cent, this thread is about the hip hop that is known by most people around the world and what is going to happen to it in pop culture

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
check de la souls track "be like that" on the album "the grind date" that track sums it!
"imagine life without no chrome rims, and timbs would be construction boots... if it werent for that phantom chrome rimmed sittin on the curb nigga, wouldnt the word nigga be a bit disturbing nigga" check it

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
the strange thing is all these new people are comin out with totally new styles such as Little Brother, but they havent really changed hip hop much if you think about it. (nothin like what Grandmaster Flash, BIG, Pac etc... did) its as though everything has been done and people are stuck for ideas.

now that such a wide range of styles have been done, its VERY hard for someone to come out and shatter the hip hop world like the earlier guys did.

i would like hip hop to be back like in the 90s.

the worst scenario, which no one can deny, is that hip hop may eventually morph into something else (im talkin many many years away)

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i think theres some much good stuff about if you dont think so maybe your not a fan of hip hop anymore ?!
its not guna be like it woz 10 years ago y would you want it to be things always evolve and people moan about it be being better in the old days !
just be glad for the good stuff we have got if you dont like 50 cent dont listen to him no1 is forcing you there were wack emcees 10 years ago its not a new thing i.e vanilla ice !
stop moaning and concentrate on putting sum more gd stuff out there to even up the balance !

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
shadeed said:
Monkey Bars
Smif n Wessun
Common
Kanye
Digable Planets
GZA/Muggs
Planet Asia
Dogg Pound

All have dropped some sort of music this year, Planet Asia got 3 albums coming soon in 2006, so basically the real hip hop IS still here, but people would rather worry if Bow Wow really is "under 21 with a Black card" . Listen to and support what YOU like and don't worry bout the rest.

My thoughts exactly....Fuck the bullshit and just do you.....things will change eventually, it always has and it always will till the end of time...just like the seasons. Thats what I've come to realize...Unless you plan on murdering every record exec urself and taking over, just let it go, do you and hopefully you can bring a few new followers with you.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
i think theres some much good stuff about if you dont think so maybe your not a fan of hip hop anymore ?!
its not guna be like it woz 10 years ago y would you want it to be things always evolve and people moan about it be being better in the old days !
just be glad for the good stuff we have got if you dont like 50 cent dont listen to him no1 is forcing you there were wack emcees 10 years ago its not a new thing i.e vanilla ice !
stop moaning and concentrate on putting sum more gd stuff out there to even up the balance !

where did i say there was no good stuff out at the moment? please point me to that.

i said shit aint as groundbreakin as it once was coz theres alot of copy cats.

man understand im a hip hop fan to the death dont try and question that.