What else do you listen to...?

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
As above, for me drum and bass is the next thing, followed up by breakbeat like Lee Combes etc. Also for Non english people and really non european, has drum and bass made it big in your country, i mean here in England, i would say it is the biggest underground dance movement about at the moment, and if yes, do you listen to people from Britain like Andy C or Hype etc or do you listen to local DnB...?

TrustNo1

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm from Ottawa Canada and we have a thriving dnb/jungle scene. THere are alot of crus and MCs that spin and at every rave there is always at least 2 DnB acts. I like Andy C, Ed Rush and Optical etc its definitely good music. I listen to alot of local DnB as well, in fact the engineer i work with in the studio just started his website if you wanna check him out he has some audio samples....
www.djdivisionbyzero.com
you should check it out!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
i am a jazz\funk\soul\disco collector. as far as drum & bass goes - i do not listen to drum & bass, although i have heard countless records and tracks. i prefer the soft side of drum & bass, id est: Atmopsheric Drum & Bass (formerly known as Intelligent Drum & Bass). I used to listen to Good Looking Records back in the day. today, the scene is full with new labels (such as: 720\Cadence\Covert Operations\Secret Operations\Gamma Ray and so forth). I really do prefer Hip-Hop though, no question about that. Mc Conrad and DRS are skilful MCs, but most of the other Jungle MCs are ridiculous!

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
sounds good man, he printed anything, sounds New Wave to me, fairly fierce, i could pop a couple to this. Quite rude boy, if you know what i mean..banging stuff...If he is up north (of england) ever i could get him a gig...

DjDelay

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah for me second to hip-hop its drum and bass + Jungle. Favourtie artists: Bad Company, J Majik, Fresh. Also like stuff on the tripped out ambient alternative dance type stuff (WTF!??) like Aphex twin, Squarepusher, DJ Vadim, Herbailser etc.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
a lot of hiphop and besides everything i come across with some musical depth.. 'back in tha day' I listened a lot of david bowie..

E

Equality 7-2521

i like drum n bass and i like jazz and blues

word up to Rage Againt The Machine. Pity they broke up and absolutely spewin that Zach De La Rocha decided not to continue his collabo with Dj Shadow......that album would have elevated Hiphop so much.

J

JBE

Adam F owns. Ditto for Bowie, Rage, Lyle Lovetts and Skibadee (A while back I saw Skibadee emcee for a fucking DJ Craze set. My jaw was dropped the whole time.) In fact, props to every artist and genre mentioned.

i pretty much listen to a little bit of everything, and a lot of some things. i'm right in the middle of a 1970's dub fixation (imho, dub went to shit when it started getting all synthesized in the 80's, even though some 90's and post-millenium shit is redeeming that period), King Tubby, Augustus Pablo, Scientist, etc.

For the most part, i like the more "abstract"/"weird"/"experimental" side of music. but of course, i'm all for straight-forward and pop-minded stuff as well.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
I heard it but i didnt really like it, I wouldnt advise you to buy it without listening.. but like everything it depends on your musical preferences..

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I listen a little bit of everything pretty evenly, stuff I don;t even know the name of it. But what I like most outside of black soul music and rap shit is Red Hot Chilli Peppers, whatever they are I love that.

Gospel, Modern Jazz, Whatever Sade is, I go to sleep to classical a lot when I'm by myself

My folks get in car with me all the time and say what the hell are you listen to? I don't know but it good!