What am I Doing wrong w/ Reverb

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is probably pretty simple to fix but...whenever i use the RV8000 or whatever its called for reverb, all of the patches reason supplies sound so unnatural to me, i mean i dont know aside from just a couple out of this folder of over 100 when you'd hear a sound like this in mainstream music, so i figure I'm doing something wrong. How can I get these patches to sound more natural and not so extreme?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
just my opinion, I would either record everything dry with absolutely no FX or very little at all.....then at mix time apply FX to each individually tracked audio file with either a bundled effect like waves or depending on your Application, protools or cubase, process fx then for each track as 9ou want them to sound, you have the option to preview until you tweak the effect to your liking....but I am sure a hardcore reason head might give you something more catered to your setup.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
yeah ,most likely ur just using too much reverb .. i havent used reason in years.. but i remeber when i did use it i hated that reverb .. like big d said i always exported my files to cubase or whatever program and used better plug ins fom there..... yeah now i def remember i hated that reverb... i love the filter tho .. i actually wish i had something with that sound in my current setup .. that bp filter is fun to run samples thru... sounds diffrent than the one in my mpc

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
yea u cant expect the patches to be gold as they are. they often are too wet, have too much feedback or gain etc.

basically too much reverb

mikemat

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
To those of you who export tracks individually, I use Cubase and Reason and I was wondering if there is a really quick way to bounce reason midi tracks to audio in cubase without solo, save as, open in cubase for every single track?

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i forget the names, but i stay wit the advanced reverb. got to.