Week of March 20, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
zero-x beatslicer from imageline. Works with FL. I cut up the mp3 into 3 or 4 sections an then loaded up the sections.

I actually had the same initial idea when I went into making it. I have a whole other version that sounds nothing like the one I have posted thats a bit more airy and open but I couldnt get a solid direction with it.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
5th Sequence said:
zero-x beatslicer from imageline. Works with FL. I cut up the mp3 into 3 or 4 sections an then loaded up the sections.

I actually had the same initial idea when I went into making it. I have a whole other version that sounds nothing like the one I have posted thats a bit more airy and open but I couldnt get a solid direction with it.

Yeah i been looking for that imageline beatslicer cus then u can add the chops where u want em and still be in FL, it's more easy to use then Recycle..

U bought it?

Peace

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
GRAFIK said:
lazy eyes: i am feelin the beat, the chops is on point, and the drums are def. knockin in the joint, i think they made the track in my opinion, i like how you left it soudning like the indian vibe that was going, good work man, sick track.........

Thanx man, appreciate the feed, wasn't feeling it too much myself but always nice to know others do...

Drums are kinda nice but the patterns are quite simple... I'm starting to get the hang of making drums sound dope... it's still not up there with Madlib and DangerMouse..

Working on it..:)

Peace

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
two questions, how is beat slicer easier to use than recycle, i dont see how it could be, and also, 5th, did u say u chop up the ENTIRE song when u sample? if so that's pretty crazy isn't it?

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
if you us FL, beatslicer may be easier to use over recycle. Then again i've never used recycle, but you get the same easy on the fly editing of cool edit with complete integration of FL.

I took the entire mp3 grafik posted, divided it into 4 evenly spaced sections so when I use beat slicer to chop its not so cluttered. I didnt chop everysingle thingbut I listen to it the whole way through and put slicer markers in all of the places that I want chops at.

cnotedatruth

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
thanks cus good looking did you listen to the other beats if so what did you think i new to production and im looking to know what other producer think i should work to improve

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
cnote, you should post your stuff in the showcase when it comes up next.

The beat works. It's not bad but doesnt have anything that really stands out. The bpm is a bit slow, kinda sounds like a dirty south remix version. A change up would have been nice it gets repetitive. Not bad though man, keep it up. Try an review some of ours if you get a minute!!

Peace

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo Vince... that trk is ill. sounds like a Premo jumpoff without the scratchin combined with ur own flavor. very NY soundin.

Grafik.. that second one u posted is hot! i think i would speed up a lil, but thats me, to see if it works. all the chops in the song belong there.

5th... ur trk is bangin... the snare is def in my ears... i like BANGIN snares... the keys fit, the gong... the sample seems to cutoff a lil to soon to me at its ends, but we all do it slightly different. good job!

Spanish Harlem... i like ur snare as well, there's really not much to say about it... i think the kick could be stronger. a more complex beat maybe? im nitpicking. all in all, a good job on it. oh yea, i like the bassline sound.

more reviews comin... finally got a chance to trick this out. i'll try to do another b4 2nite... this one is just straight with drops... no bridges or anything.

here's mine: RS7000

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=507549

da relic

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
thanks for the feed da relic i'm checkin yours now.

!! I like this one this is sick. the vibe is there an the drums fit it perfectly. The drop ins an out are cool too. It's not too intricate but it doesnt need to be I can hear nas on this so much. I wouldn't recommend anything other than possibly composing over this with some strings for a chorus, maybe a really clean pizzicato or something. This was well done though, mixing was pretty onpoint too, nice shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online