Wavelab or Sound Forge

Dabeskeptsekret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Wazup everybody. Im considering purchasing Wavelab (I have Sound Forge 8, but thinking about giving Wavelab a try), and I wanted you guys opinions on Wavelab, in comparison to Sound Forge.

Thanks

Phi'Zik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i use wavelab for twenty years, it's a great audio-editing software and it works great in my cubase environment ( link editor, vst plugs etc...), not soundforge but in terms of edit functions is the same.

DrOscillator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i'm using soundforge and i'm pretty happy with it as far as chopping up samples and such. never used wavelab tho, whats the difference between them

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Well download the demo and try it. It really depends on what you are using it for. I like it for many reasons

1. the wave form size actually changes based on the volume of the clip (this is huge and once you use it it is hard to not have it)
2. CD burning from the timeline is awesome!

(so far a great combo for mastering)

3. It sounds very clean
4. the built in effects are wonderful!
5. Its very nice to do takes in, IE Laying down vocals and so on.
6. Its a multitrack environment not just a editor.
7. You can "rent" it by the month I actually own an older version that works for most things, but if I have a big studio job I will rent the newer version for a few months.
8. It can rewire!

NOW my only complaints are midi implementation sucks! But I usually sequence in other software (Reason, Fruity) so this is not that big of a deal, and there is no mac version. That drives me crazy.

Overall a wonderful program.

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use Wavelab. I been using it for 6 years and it the best tool for me for editing Vocals for mastering. It really up to you. Just download the demo and go for it. If you like it stick with it.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
both, SF makes cutting easier and more precise. They both have a batchconverter but Wavelab just works a lot better and editing a batch of samples also becomes easier with a plugin chainer which is lackin in SF.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ive been using Wave lab to chop samples for 4 year and i only took the time to learn that but man once you learn it, you set! I practicly never use the wave editer because it has this thing call a "audio montage" < makes everything soooooo easy!!! its just a simple editing screen you can experiment with multipal samples at one time in the same screen. kinda resembles the protools editing screen but I really like the Markers cuz they are easy to use and there is a ton of hot key to make things easy.
thats my 2 cents

members online