Wasted talents, any of you out there?

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
To whom it may concern:

A lot of people I've seen try desperately and fail. But the buggers are quite talented. I think if they would have stuck to what they were doing, they would make an existence in the music biz?

Any of you have seen this, or know friends like this?

Sincerely,
God

E

Equality 7-2521

this not only happens in music but in all kinds of careers.

Persistance is to man what carbon is to steel.

G-MATRIIX

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I having gave up yet but sometimes I feel that way...

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well mike tson is who comes to mind theres no reason why he shouldnt be the best boxer of all time but stupid decesions fucked him up....learn from his mistakes...

B

beatbeast

I was invited to a try out with the atlanta braves minor leauge team in greenville s.c. I was a big time baseball player but I could never stay out of trouble

D

DJlow2

then there are those of us who dont get the opportunities.. thats troublesome in itself...

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Well look at it like this, when you look at 3 of the most successful names that are about 40, Jayz, Dre and eminem...hell they are old by any standard and Dre was not a youngin when he started the production thing after leaving the band scenario....so I just think you gotta throttle down the age thing......this is the first generation of instant producers that have everthing to make hot music right in their computer.....so 1...theres lots of competition all over.... all of these down south rappers that have just started surfacing that have grandchildren.........basically never give up on your dreams...especially if it deals with music......

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I have known quite a few people like this, singers , drummers, players of all types of instruments..Im about the only one left from my old crew that refuses to give it up. I figure one way or another Im goin to be doin this forever.
Paid or broke sickness or health I married hiphop before I ever got laid so maybe one day Ill blow up but if not Ill always be doin it.
I remember way back in Eddie Murphy's Raw days (before his door swung both ways) an interview with him and he said just dont ever give up. Itll happen if you just dont stop..So Im here..lol..STILL..

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yeah, i think that's maybe me :)

us...lol

quoting Mr Magic, "persistance overcomes resistance." also, it always comes down to who you know... if u got an ounce of talent, and u follow the previous 2 statements, u'll make it thru... u mite not make it doin what u started, but the object is to get ur foot in the door FIRST!!!

da relic

O

open mind

To whom it may concern:

A lot of people I've seen try desperately and fail. But the buggers are quite talented. I think if they would have stuck to what they were doing, they would make an existence in the music biz?

Any of you have seen this, or know friends like this?

Sincerely,
God

i know one of them.... his name is GRAFIK! he got a normal job now but i think he could be next RZA!!!!!

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
there is a side of me that kinda wants to quit, find a corporate job, settle with a chick wit some sense n' make pretty babies.

But then again i dont wanna end up like alotta the people close to me.....they let regrets eat them alive. To the point of drugs and/or prison time. And i dont wanna be that dude.

I know if i stop now, it better be worth it.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i know a few people who fall under the "wasted talent" stat. one of the nicest emcee's in my town, started fuckin wit drugs (not the weed) and eventually got knocked for 5 years. i know a few other beautiful minds who let the hood take them under.