Warning for Beatrader users

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i just wanted to give everyone else a heads up...as far as i can tell beattrader has turned into a scam, these dudes owe me money for beats I've sold and have not only not paid me on paypal, but there is no way to get in touch with them anymore because their contact email is no longer valid.

bottom line if you're thinking about signing up for this place stay away.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
yea dude, i cosign.. them niggas buy ur beats and get em, but don't pay. i had a similar relation

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've never sold a beat online or even tried... Prolly cuz of stuff like this but there's just something in handing a beat over face to face with someone and getting a wad of cash in your palm. That just seems better to me then some #'s on a paypal account. Anyways, sorry to hear about that homie I never like to hear about people getting ripped off over stuff like this. People gotta learn to respect their friendly neighbourhood producers. Peace.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
How about shopping your beats in person...?

I go on there to find new samples...LOL....

chazzo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
actually i'll get a e-mail that somebody has made a offer then i accept but i never see my money in my pypal account.

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
actually i'll get a e-mail that somebody has made a offer then i accept but i never see my money in my pypal account.

same thing that happens to me. honestly these guys are actually committing both wire fraud and grand theft, because a pretty large amount of business goes through that site. im gonna see if there's anywhere i can do anything about it.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Sha: How do you feel about online production A&R sites that will shop your beats for you and help you get paid?

Skitzo: That shit is bullshit. There is no need for you to be out there if that's your plan. There is no way you can click a button and your problems will be solved. You gotta hit the showcases, music conferences, and shows in your area. If you get it poppin' and make your rounds and you have 100 people ready to buy your CD, that's what you need, the people's reaction. The secret is to get the people to react and then the major label A&R will react. Those sites were probably started by a dude who used to be a major label intern, and had a few contacts and general info numbers to the front desk of different labels and they're sending you to a run around. If you are really hungry come out here to NY, the labels are right here. If you're serious, bring your ass down here, and get with these labels. Make sure you have that shit, and make sure you grab their attention. All these online beat shopping sites are bullshit, it would be more effective if you're talking to the person constantly, but for the person who's trying to do this they gotta be there face-to-face, and get the people's reaction.

-------------------------------
Taken from Blowing Up From the Basement article below:
https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17289

If it's not a face-to-face transaction, or from somebody you've been working with on the regular, in most cases you're putting your career in somebody else's hands. There may be some sites that help you get a payday here and there, I'm not knocking them at all, but why would you spend hours of your life making beats and then upload it to a resource where people you've never met face-to-face are having control over your work??

chazzo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^^^ we'll unfotunately i live in wichita, kansas where are no labels what so ever. except a couple of independent with no talent what so ever.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^^ we'll unfotunately i live in wichita, kansas where are no labels what so ever. except a couple of independent with no talent what so ever.

LOL Good Point! And apparently their con..

Very True Shadeed , but you can see by the Chazzo post that in that position combined with a online music culture and software based music..Its a good way to get money from cats.
I say report em.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
for those that do use these sites how much do you honestly cherge for a beat?

i've checked out a few because directing traffic to your own site is tough even for the regular companies, and the prices i see for the beats that are selling is usually no more than $30. i compromised and set a NE price at $50 for beats that either i'm not hyped about or is sampled and is not wicked enough for someone to risk sample clearance for. anything under that is like slitting the wrist. $19.99 for an exclusive beat? and it's not any worse than some of the pmp featured tracks.

beattraders seems more suspect than most, not knowing who buys your stuff is straight bull. you can't make sure they're sticking to the agreement, you might hear your shit and automatically think i got jacked, and every transaction should have a record of buyer and seller for legal and maybe tax purposes.

i caved in and joined mybeatshop.com but i don't see myself sellin' anything there due to prices and i'm not upping my best stuff or my good ish until i give pmp a real shot. the myspace player they have is good though.

Font

Producer / Sound Designer
ill o.g.
Haven't sold a beat online yet, I do hope someone will be interested.

members online