wanna make Refills of your hardware synths automatically? look inside...

Dabeskeptsekret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Lemme give you all a review that I wrote on Refills******

I was trying to see who else had these refills, but I guess I'll give my review myself first.

I have them all. The Facsimile, all the next Level kits from Flossmode, and another one from some guy on Craig List.

While they all have their strengths, they all have weakness as well.

Triton Facsimile:
Strengths - Decent set of sounds, may be a couple that you where looking for before, and didnt know what, or where they were, they might be here.
Weaknesses - I would like to say the velocity settings, but those arent really a problem. The sounds just sound kinda "Bland" if that would be putting it well. Not a bad product for the price paid though.

Flossmode Next Level Refills (The entire Triton, Motif, and Fantom set)
Strengths - Massive amount of sounds. Alot of those nice lil Sound FX, and sweeps you hear in music today that you wish you had are normally from these boards. Nice sound quality too.
Weakness -
1) For one, all of the sound have the preset effects that were naturally on the patches (Like Reverb, Arpeggio, Chorus, etc.). Each patch has a different effect on it, so you might catch a few sounds that arent as bad compared to others.
2) Velocty settings werent recorded right from the big keyboards. Some instruments (a few, not all) play, and sound different depending on how hard you hit the key. On the flossmode joints, all of the sounds play at one time, instead of being correctly velocity set.

Now there is a guy on Ebay right now selling his version of refills here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-Fantom-X-SS_W0Q...1QQcmdZViewItem

Now im interested in seeing how it is, but am very afraid of buying things off ebay, ESPECIALLY when it comes to my sounds.

Now if your looking for a good set of refills to have that will hold you down, here is my list:

SR Gold Vol. 1-20 (yes, get them all)
Zero G/East West Creative Essentials (Get them all)
Miroslav Philharmonik (get them all)
Electromechanical
M Audio Prem C7 Grand Piano (This thing sounds amazing)
Propellerhead Strings

You have a library like that, and you'll have the majority of sounds that everone else has.

Hope that helps

Now I just hope the refills that old boy is selling are BETTER than what I mentioned above.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dabeskeptsekret said:
Lemme give you all a review that I wrote on Refills******

I was trying to see who else had these refills, but I guess I'll give my review myself first.

I have them all. The Facsimile, all the next Level kits from Flossmode, and another one from some guy on Craig List.

While they all have their strengths, they all have weakness as well.

Triton Facsimile:
Strengths - Decent set of sounds, may be a couple that you where looking for before, and didnt know what, or where they were, they might be here.
Weaknesses - I would like to say the velocity settings, but those arent really a problem. The sounds just sound kinda "Bland" if that would be putting it well. Not a bad product for the price paid though.

Flossmode Next Level Refills (The entire Triton, Motif, and Fantom set)
Strengths - Massive amount of sounds. Alot of those nice lil Sound FX, and sweeps you hear in music today that you wish you had are normally from these boards. Nice sound quality too.
Weakness -
1) For one, all of the sound have the preset effects that were naturally on the patches (Like Reverb, Arpeggio, Chorus, etc.). Each patch has a different effect on it, so you might catch a few sounds that arent as bad compared to others.
2) Velocty settings werent recorded right from the big keyboards. Some instruments (a few, not all) play, and sound different depending on how hard you hit the key. On the flossmode joints, all of the sounds play at one time, instead of being correctly velocity set.

Now there is a guy on Ebay right now selling his version of refills here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Roland-Fantom-X-SS_W0Q...1QQcmdZViewItem

Now im interested in seeing how it is, but am very afraid of buying things off ebay, ESPECIALLY when it comes to my sounds.

Now if your looking for a good set of refills to have that will hold you down, here is my list:

SR Gold Vol. 1-20 (yes, get them all)
Zero G/East West Creative Essentials (Get them all)
Miroslav Philharmonik (get them all)
Electromechanical
M Audio Prem C7 Grand Piano (This thing sounds amazing)
Propellerhead Strings

You have a library like that, and you'll have the majority of sounds that everone else has.

Hope that helps

Now I just hope the refills that old boy is selling are BETTER than what I mentioned above.

I co sign on the sonic reality series and Reason electromechanical. I heard they had a group by for the miroslav Philharmonik, but i'm on deployment so I can't cop. hopefully I will get them at that price when they return, but deff the sonic reality gold. That is like putting a Roland rack inside reason. That is how I descirbe it to most people.

konartis

ill o.g.
the sonic reality set is good, but i prefer working in the miroslav refills (which are actually made by sonic reality) for sampled instruments and just using the malstrom and subtractor for the synths. there are no real stand-out sounds in the Synth sets by SR. too many 'evolving' sounds (not my liking) and filler patches (a lot sound the same).
oh well..

members online