vocoder

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
yeah.. you need a talkbox homie.

i'm lookin for that westcoast sound too an all my research... (including looking up the credits on california love) point to the talkbox.

no software can do it, that i know of at least.

you need a tube goin into your mouth!! craazy shit

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
California...knows how to party.
Damn, it would be kool 2 have a talkbox. I would play wit that shit everyday.

Phi'Zik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
djloccdown said:
California...knows how to party.
Damn, it would be kool 2 have a talkbox. I would play wit that shit everyday.

not so easy to do like Roger did (R.I.P.).

I use mine with the Fm7 to emulate the original dx100 sound but i never found the dx100 presets...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I am pretty sure that waaaaayy back in 1989 a friend of mine had a small maybe 15 or 20 key (if that many) keyboard, this thing was red and really tiny.It could do all types of robotic sounds all you had to do was talk in the mic and press a key and you had a transformer sound, it could switch between tones and all that and it was really good.
I dont know who made it but I want one to this day, anyone here remember this or know of somthing similar?
I have been lookin for that sound as well....

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Relic said:
I am pretty sure that waaaaayy back in 1989 a friend of mine had a small maybe 15 or 20 key (if that many) keyboard, this thing was red and really tiny.It could do all types of robotic sounds all you had to do was talk in the mic and press a key and you had a transformer sound, it could switch between tones and all that and it was really good.
I dont know who made it but I want one to this day, anyone here remember this or know of somthing similar?
I have been lookin for that sound as well....

MicroKORG ??

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
far as i know microkorg has been out only a few years. if that many. doubt that what it is

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I dont know who made that little red keyboard but that thing was hot,,I would jack someone for it now,,,if I didnt like 'em..or know'em lol.
There is a vocorder function on the Triton rack that I have...whassup with that?
I have never really been able to get it to work but I cant sing so I can hear it trying to work but rebelling against my non singer(but good at announcing) voice..
Anyone have any experience with Korgs rack vocorder?

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
i had that effect on my roland vs 1680 and midi'd it up with a roland jp8000 and a mic.
that would be fairly easy to imitate.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Actually reason 2.5 (and obviously 3.0) has a pretty nice vocoder that can do it. I saw a pretty koo tutorial showing such.

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
Actually reason 2.5 (and obviously 3.0) has a pretty nice vocoder that can do it. I saw a pretty koo tutorial showing such.

me too, what you do is you record what you want to say, chop it up in Recycle and set up a Dr Rex and a B52 vocoder in reason,im not sure of all the steps but i have my Power Tools for Reason at work. If i get a chance ill scan it and post back,but it is pretty slick.

but just in case you have the cheese for this,and i seen it at work at a 70's Funk Cover concert,dude sound just like Roger.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_korg_microkorg_synthesizervocoder?full_sku=101934982

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
fl studio has a vocoder. it has a sample with a quick tutorial on it. what you do is go to

projects>tutorial>fruity vocoder

it doesnt sound like a talk box. but vocoders arent supposed to