Ughg on the new set up...

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Called sweetwater tech support

I talked to them they were cool, couple of problems though:
1) Im going to kill Chris who told me to get a Windoes 7 64 bit OS turns out 32bit is what I need. No prob though as they sent me a 32bit recovery disc( only good thing here let me tell you)! lol@Chris
2) While going to insert the 32bit recovery I noticed the dvd drive wasnt hooked up.
3) Called ASUS for support over Windows crashing constantly, it obliged by crashing constantly while we talked.
4) F9 recovery attempts were no good and after checking the BIOS the dvd wasnt showing at all
5) Called JnR.com where I got this peice of junk to see if it was cool to open the case to fix the dvd drive problem
6) Was told by JnR to just send it back to them sounds like hardware problem.
7) Going to be some time before I can record again .

Tell me what you think:

Get new unit say bump it and install 32bit version which will only allow me to run 3.1g of RAM instead of the installed 8
and wait for PT to get it together in the 64bit realm then install 64bit.
When I get the new unit I will have to go back online to digi and get 8.0.3 again it sounds like so Ill do that.
Then go back and redownload all the plugin and third party files
THEN I will activate the ILOK
Then slide in the PT8 dvd let it install
Figure out how to hook 003 rack up to it
Pray.....

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"1) Im going to kill Chris who told me to get a Windoes 7 64 bit OS turns out 32bit is what I need. No prob though as they sent me a 32bit recovery disc( only good thing here let me tell you)! lol@Chris"

I am kicking your ass lol

You said you wanted like 8gb of ram. Thats why I said you MUST have 64bit. Also Sweetwater will not advise you to use beta software. The latest beta of PT works fine with Windows 64bit

Bottom line is this. I can make it all work, send it to me in the mail and I will load everything and hook it up. Then send it back. Then you are good to go. You know you CAN always call me for tech support.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I think you should keep what you got and just wait for everything to come together. That would be your best bet in the long term.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I figured you were working besides something is actually wrong with the machine itself so it had to be sent back. lol
Im not really gonna kill you dude Im not even that pissed about that end of it, and I am gonna call you when the next one comes, just been a frustrating day.
They said that some plugins wont work with 64 bit as well as some virtual instruments but that digi is working on the problem so I figure try the 64 bit, if it doesnt work then go to 32 I should be getting a backup of 64 sent to me anyway so when they do get it together its either or at that point unless 64 has been working the whole time.
Additionally I have been fooling with this crap since about 6am my time and I know you werent up then, after that I was just so deep in I forgot to call and then they said just send it back and I agree with them, no pc should act like that.
:)
1 thing about it all going to shit you learn alot along the way.

We gotta get the radio show done soon though so I dont have much more time to fuck around with this shit.

Oh Dac the 001 is not an option its a peice of shit at this point, it really is.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
yep...say good bye to most Mercury bundle plugins on the 64 bit machine. I had 2.......

U can find plugins that are the same or better though so no biggie....

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
pt isn't reliable for most folks in x64 since 8.03 it's still in beta

waves works in win 7 64 bit with no issues if you're using a 32 bit daw

as far as waves being bridged in an x64 daw (cubase 64, sonar 64, reaper 64, etc), j-bridge has an update that successfully deals with the waveshells that remedies the issues until waves finally creates x64 versions some time next year

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
any advice on which plugins???

Start with Izotope Alloy and Ozone 4....not in my studio right now to name more but there are plenty that are as good and less cpu intense

waves works in win 7 64 bit with no issues if you're using a 32 bit daw

My DAW is 32 bit (Ableton live 8) and only a few shells work for me and even then they are very unstable.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
you should probably get a mac :)

why? other than vsl it only has one x64 daw right now and it needs time to be fully reliable. neither steiny or cockos have made x64 versions for mac yet.

My DAW is 32 bit (Ableton live 8) and only a few shells work for me and even then they are very unstable.
probably an abelton issue, which are many right now hence the dev focus on fixing shit.

another thing is if you're in win 7 you need to turn off uac and install waves as an admin. if you have then the issue is with abelton

as far as alternatives. pspaudioware (it has x86 and x64 versions of their plugs, so no bridge needed), voxengo (x86/x64 as well), softube, and fabfilter just to name a few plugs

members online