Tracking beats?

chazzo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm looking for a new method o tracking my beat to protools. I have digi 002.It only has 4 inputs for line in. That means i have to hook the audio outputs from one piece equipment to the 002 then track that. And so on until the beat is tracked. Is there a way that I could track more than 4 inputs at once without hooking and unhooking equipment .I was wondering if I got a mixer 24 track mixer wouldn't I be able to hook all my seperate outs of my equipment to and hook the main out of the mixer to the digi 002 and then solo the tracks on the mixer that I want to record. If so would the mixer color the sound?

chazzo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
one more thing. is the sound quality of the adat input better than line inputs being that it's digital and all?

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
all cheap a/d conveters are gonna be a little inferior.... the behringers ada8000 shite aint gonna be much worse than the onboard a/d converters with digi 002 (if they are at all worse that is)
i recently spent a fair sum to get an isa 428 with the a/d option and those a/d converters are quality as good as rosetta converters in my opinion

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
nice, he gotz an isa...

but ehr....eq'ing your sends isnt an odd thing to do, removing the low from a reverb on send is a good thing for example.

Adat is good opposed to line input in that it wont create noise or static like analogue connection can do ( balanced set up is pretty good with high reso converters, but expensive yet desirable ).

members online