This is gettin' ridiculous!

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
This shit right here is just disheartening! I saw this on the local news a while back and it disturbed me that someone could get shot over a battle. Is this the direction that hip hop has been put in? Two cat's can't even battle anymore without the other one getting shot? Ridiculous! What do you think would result in someone taking that drastic of an action over losing a battle? This shit is just insane how people are killing each other over stuff like this.
I know that stuff like this happens and probably has happened all over the U.S. but I mean, What can be done to help tone down these trigger happy Teenagers? This type of an issue is a serious matter. This was such a minor dispute that turned into someone getting shot... Over a battle!? That ain't what Hip Hop is about man! This is just disgraceful.

===================================================

Several men killed over holiday weekend
By BOB PURVIS and ALAN J. BORSUK
bpurvis@journalsentinel.com
Posted: Dec. 26, 2005

Police identified several men killed over the holiday weekend, including one man they say was killed for making fun of another man's rapping.
Advertisement
Wisconsin's Largest Lighting Showroom!

Police say a 20-year-old man shot to death on the northwest side Friday was killed for making fun of his shooter's rapping.

David E. Wilson was walking with friends in the 2700 block of W. Wright about 9:20 p.m. Friday when he bumped into an 18-year-old man, said Inspector Vince Flores of the Milwaukee Police Department.

The two men challenged each other to a "battle rap," an impromptu back-and-forth rap performance that typically includes lyrics meant to demean the other rapper, Flores said.

The shooter pulled out a gun and shot Wilson in the chest after Wilson made fun of his rap, Flores said. The shooter hasn't been arrested.

Flores also identified a man shot and killed at Club Lush, a bar at 2529 N. Hopkins, about 1:45 a.m. Saturday as LaCharles E. Hester, 27.

Hester was shot by a 36-year-old man after he pulled a gun and began shooting when he was asked to leave, Flores said. Another man shot in the chest during the melee remained in critical condition at an area hospital. It is unclear whether the 36-year-old man will face charges.

In other police action, Elbert C. Jackson, 55, was found dead by family members inside his home in the 6900 block of W. Florist Ave. of stab wounds to the abdomen Saturday. Police have no suspect in that killing, Flores said.

The deaths bring the year-to-date homicide total to 121, from 88 in 2004.

L. Soul

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is the problem with "gangsta rap". You have people listening to records saying
"I'm a gangsta blah blah blah, you could get two in ya chest broad daylight blah blah blah the cops is scared of me blah blah blah" And they believe that can be them. So they lose a battle rap and somebody gets two in they chest broad daylight

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
It breaks the rules of battle rapping anyway. No physical contact, and certainly no poppin rounds into a mofo. Even if this pussy ever made it to become somethin, he'd have to live the rest of his life knowin that he wasnt really what he was. His karma will hit him hard. I listen to alot of Gangsta rap, but everything I listen to, they dont encourage you to go out and kill. 85% of these cats just spent they lives in the hood stugglin and had to slang crills for a coupleyears to feed they family

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
thas fuckin ridiculous...ppl like that and actions like that ruin our reputation as rappers and the view of hip hop..its fuckin ridiculous..

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
nothing hits me with the shock value factor these days-I can believe it

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
that's the problem with cats nowadays. cats claim to be so hard, but yet catch feelins so easily over nothing. it's too much work to go back in the lab and sharpen your skills, it's easier to cause someone physical harm. shits crazy. peace.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
L. Soul said:
This is the problem with "gangsta rap". You have people listening to records saying
"I'm a gangsta blah blah blah, you could get two in ya chest broad daylight blah blah blah the cops is scared of me blah blah blah" And they believe that can be them. So they lose a battle rap and somebody gets two in they chest broad daylight

And people that watch gangster movies become drug lords?

The problem runs deeper than gangster rap.

T

The Bastard

it is stupid, but there is a stupid logic behind it, theres a reason for everything that happens. if you live in the gutter and you think your only way out is mcin, and another mc degrades yur credibilty, hes taking you farther away from your goal, and when your in that state of mind you wont let anything stand in your way. hip hop aint as pretty as youd like it to be, i know for a fact that its dangerous. its just to bad that it comes down to that. its not sumthin i believe in orwould do. but i realize WHY it happens and its not ''gangsta rap '' hype. if anything is ridiculous its the fact that grown men feel like the only way to get out of a rough situation is to kill some1, they wernt born with that state of mind...

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've been in battles. My life is nothing pretty. I got clowned in a couple emcee's battles. I went home and worked on my craft and eventually was able to redeem myself.

There is no excuse for the shooting.

Me and my boy had a conversation when we went to the mall. Everybody is a tough guy nowadays. Too many people are carrying straps.

A lot of kids carry guns simply for social status, they show that ish off to their boys and girls and pull it on people for fun, take "ghetto" pictures of themselves with them, so everybody thinks their tough. They don't realize that if you carry a gun, eventually you're going to use it.

I don't understand why a lot of the youth seems desperate to prove how tough they are.

These people live in the hood and fear for their lives????? Bullsh!t. If you feel you need to arm yourself with a gun, 95% of the time it's cause your caught up in something shady and you willingly put yourself in that posistion.

And I'm sick of the excuse that kats are from the hood and have no other options to get out.

Get your a diploma or GED and go to college. If you are from the ghetto you will definitely qualify for financial aid and you don't have to start paying that until you're done with school and have a job.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Gotta agree with everyone that posted in this thread, especially Myth cuz I see it in my high school too with just my fellow freshmen and the sophmores in it. You just bump into somebody accidently and certain people'll pop you just to make it seem like they're tough and shouldn't be messed with. It's all about your rep these days.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
bluchippa5 said:
nothing hits me with the shock value factor these days-I can believe it

the way things are now a days, i cosign with you on that one

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
In the hood niggas get killed on dumb shit, in the burbs people get killed on some "I wanna be a thug" shit. It aint gangsta rap that makes people kill its people that dont realize what goes on in the hood aint glorious that get killed bottom line. Gotta disagree with the dude on that "get a GED and go to college" shit, you try applying for financial aid with felonies it aint gonna happen, what "hood" you from kenfolk? Cause what you just said relates in no way to my section

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
How does one obtain that felony record?????
I agree that if you have a criminal record in this country you're fucked, and if you have to be involved in illegal activity to sustain yourself then go ahead. I think once you are released from prison you should be integrated seamlessly back into society. Once you serve your time, no further penalty should be pushed onto you.

I have homies that have to walk everyday from business to business to fill out applications and they can't get a job just because of misdemeanors, let alone felonies. I think that's fucked.

Most people in the hood get felonies via the drug game. Granted, there are situations when folks have to slang in order to survive. I had a homie who's dad was locked up drug charges and his mom was crackhead. His family got evicted from their apartment and were living out of a car (he had a little brother and sister). He pushed product from 15 to 22 years old when he graduated college. He paid rent for a two bedroom apartment his brother and sister shared with him. He bought them food. School supplies. He bought a car so he could pick up his little brother and sister everyday from school. The day he graduated he quit slanging.

How many fools in the hood really need to slang???? How many people slang because their greedy????

How many people slang to pay their rent or put food on the table???? Or to take care of their kids??????

Selling drugs isn't the struggle, that's the easy way out. If you cut corners you're eventually going to get caught. If you need to in order to survive slang that shit, but if you're only doing it to improve your lifestyle you deserve what's coming to you.

Niggaz slang to get sneakers, gear, cars, jewelry. And it's people with these motives that end up getting caught in the system.

Greed is the reason most people slang, not because it's vital to their survival.
Just like most heads that carry guns don't need that shit. It only gives them false confidence. Muthaphukkas walk around starting shit because they know if it pops off they got a strap.

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
its jsut gettin out of hand i just read a blurb in Complex magazine about Lil eazy E and hes all braggin like "yea i might just be walkin down the street and a nigga might look at me wrong and i might shoot him for it." thats more or less verbatim of waht dude said. thats so fucking wack. its like goin to the mall now is just a grill fest. you look at someone and dudes just wanna throw down shit is fucking wack.