They can't be Serious!!!

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
This has got to be the ugliest, bootleg lookin album art I've ever seen. I am a Graphic Design student, and I could do better than this!.....The album will still be sick though!!!!

Attachments

• littlebrotherminstrelshow_1.jpg
    littlebrotherminstrelshow_1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 144

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Don't judge a Cd by its cover. I ended up losing all my jewel cases anyways. I just have stacks of CD's, records and dirty laundry throughout my crib.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
They are trying to be campy just as minstrel shows were. They are mocking that type of entertainment. Graphic Design is about evoking emotion and they got you saying that is lame, that being the premise of minstrel shows.

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
FTdub said:
They are trying to be campy just as minstrel shows were. They are mocking that type of entertainment. Graphic Design is about evoking emotion and they got you saying that is lame, that being the premise of minstrel shows.

I know what graphic design is about, but I still think they could have come up with somthing better, yea it looks campy, but It doesn't remind me of a minstrel show at all, just an old TV Guide cover. The black Face image that they have been advertising would have been a lot better, but I guess thatr would have been to controversial or what ever.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
well, they'r trying to make a funny cover. But shit has derailed heavily. It's just corny and ugly without being the slightest bit of funny.

Na, Covers should be pritty that's what I feel. They should be jems in your stacks instead of ugly piece o crap art you have to hide at the bottom of the stack.

And don't get me wrong. I fully understand that everyone can't like a piece. But this isn't even a serouse effort of being nice.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yea i woz reading a interview with phonte earlier and the idea is that rappers are black faced like people from the minstrel show in that they all act a certain way and portray black people in a certain light of guns drugs sex etc ! and how wouldnt their grandparents and what not be dissapointed to have put up with the adverse racist conditions of years ago just so they could make the whisper song or be a P.I.M.P !

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
I get the joke...It's not that hard to get. I think that the idea of modern minstrel shows portraid by bling rappers should have been incorporated in the cover a lot more. The cover to me is just as important visually as the music is sonically; the album title doubles as the name of the cover piece of art work. Take Outkast's album cover for Aquemini... It actually fit the title and feel of the album. And OK, for those who know the communicative principles of design know that economy is one of them...and LB's album cover is fairly simple....BUT, Jay-Z's last album was called THE BLACK ALBUM...and the best way to get that message across was to simply make the album cover, BLACK! I just don't feel that the message gets across very well on LB's album cover. KMD was the group that MF DOOM belonged to when he had a major deal with Elektra. The album cover for "Black Bastards" was a black toon (or what ever you would call those big lipped black cartoons) hanging from a noose. It was straght foward, blunt, and powerful...but elektra never released that album for the simple fact that they felt the cover was too controversial. Which is what I think Atlantic may have done to LB's album cover! I mean come on!!!....LB have been crafting this album like Michalagelo did the Sistene Chapel! And I'm sure that they didn't finish the album and then be like.."Oh, shit we need a cover quick!" and just threw some stuff together. Even the old advertisment for The Minstrel Show, which they have been using for the longest fit better. It just doesn't seem like something LB would come up with on there own. I think Atlantic had more of an influence than they did about there own cover! Which I know is the way things are in the biz, but damn. It makes u wonder what else Atlantic restricted creatively on there album (not saying it ain't going to be classic) but it might sound just like the listening because thats the formula that gave Atlantic reason to sign them in the first place!