The World Is Over

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
I'm not speakin in humor. This whole thing is getting out of control. We are living in our lowest point.... Follow me...

Music:

Of course, here on Illmuzik (props 2 Fade), we know music. We know the time and effort that goes into creating an actual track. We know the 1+1s and the 3x3s of hip hop. We are all also entitled to our own opinion. The flaw that comes into play when speaking of music is that WE know music but the World has lost the vision of it. There was a time where not just anyone could get on the radio. Nowadays, we can use the FL presets to make a hit (emphasis on HIT) record. Whereas once upon a time, we came down on beats that sound like they came from a $3 machine. I shun these music styles. You all know who I'm talkin about.

But that's not the end of it, the Cam'ron vs. Jay Z beef is out of order. Usually, when two artists have beef with each other, it is between the two artists, their camps and the listeners. We hear the tracks on the net, albums, and thru djs and radio stations. NEVER have I seen a rapper hold a damn press conference over a diss track. That SCREAMS "I want attention." If it were a legit beef, there would be the track on the internet, on mixtapes, on Cam's album, and in Jay's hands. It doesn't take a press conference and an interview on Inside Edition to get a diss track out. Especially when you have the manpower of Dipset. I'm not buying it.

We as a whole need to start takin this shit back. This shit is our shit and it's getting tarnished and destroyed. Hip hop is my lady and not everybody can fuck with her. I cant accept fruity loop beats that SOUND like fuckin fruity loops beats. I cant accept someone demoralizing the artform even if it's battle. They dont let us fuck up the constitution, so why do we let just anybody fuck with our unwritten code. Hip hop is forever but OUR hip hop is getting taken advantage of. Now it's becoming something it's not supposed to be. Gwen Stephani is not Hip hop. Stop tellin people that it is.

These are my opinions. I'm sorry if this offends anyone. I say these these things because I'm tired of sitting around watching.

Peace bitches.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Ado said:
Hip hop is my lady and not everybody can fuck with her.

True that man. I agree with basically everything you said man. And that's why I like Immortal Technique so much, even though he's doing something different. He's creating a revolution, he's starting something new and so many people are following him. We need more people like that to let everybody know what this culture is really about. The thing that sucks though is that, in order to do that, you gotta build up your rep to get people to notice you even a little bit. That's why I'm starting to get into writing more lyrics because these instrumentals, even though I love making them, can only say so much. But when you have that full track, people can really see what's goin on. We gotta spread the knowledge like the Gospel.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I agree and trace it all back to 2 Line Crew who the Congress tried to shut down because of their lyrics.
This in turn stirred up controversy which stirred up profits.
Record execs at this point saw that this"Jungle" music could end up being bigger than rock and roll.
Thats why they love beef (which ends up getting people killed) and rappers going to jail and glamorizing the wrong way to live and drugs and guns and ho's and basically the degradation of us in general.
They dont give a F__K about any of it as long as the bottom line is good for them.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hip Hop isn't dead the army is just depleted and scattered. Real heads need to come together and support the real sh!t.

Sean Price dropped a classic record with "Monkey Barz" and I have yet to see anyone really talk about it.

Cam'ron should be assassinated and heads are really wondering if everything he's done in the last couple months hasn't been calculated.

Puffy should be assassinated

Dre, Em, Jay and all the other big heads need to be called out on their sh!t. Those fuckers have all the money in the world. Why don't the unify and create an independent/international distribution company garnered to the Hip Hop community. If they did this Hip Hop could be completely independent of mainstream corruption.

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
ManDAmyth said:
Hip Hop isn't dead the army is just depleted and scattered.

That's whassup. And I agree. Hip hop aint never gonna die. We just have to keep it vibing like it should. None of the real powerhouses are stepping up. I mean, Kanye is but one person can not define a whole genre of music. I hate when people make him to be God in this whole thing. He is good (haha..get it..G.O.O.D.?) but he cant be all that we look up to.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Hiphop is not dead, you just have to dig like you do for samples.
You have to go tothe store and take a risk on buying somone you never heard of before.
I went to midatlantic music conference last year and everybody was passing around their expensive polished package shit.
One guy just handed me a plain white cd with a name and number on it.
I said watch this be the hottest thing out of all this stuff,
And sure enough there was only one other record that could touch it out of 30 others I got.
So you have to take a risk when you go into stores and thats where the problem lies.As much as cd's cost who wants to risk $16 on somthing that might be crap?
Only the majors that are pushin garbage have the ability to REALLY get an artist EVERYWHERE so you know what your getting before you buy.
Take a risk on these independents.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
Good hip hop or music in general is hard to find cause people don't support it. How many peeps DL music here? Peeps would rather get things for free, than they wonder where all the good music went. TRL represents hip hop that people support. If people do buy product they want shiny cds not underground creative artists who sound totally different and have to hand out blank label disks. Peeps w/ those cds have to give em out for free. And take it even further from the TRL listener perspective do you want to listen to some FUN pop hip hop or some undergroun hip hop artist that rhymes about their life? Plus, its like diggin for records to find good music, we can't expect regular nonmusicians to do that!? I do so once and a while but I'm so caught up w/ others things in my life I only find a new artist once every 4-6 months. I agree that if there is a "hip hop army" its scattered. People just don't care anymore... Good to see that some peeps still do Ado.

There's only good music and bad music:
Support real artists DL fake suckers.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Oh and something I hate about these mainstream people is that when they get that deal and first step onto the scene. They come with way too big of an ego saying that "oh yeah, we're gonna change the game forever y'all" or whater and the next thing you know, they're doing the same as the other established mainstream artists.

And word about the Hip-Hop army being depleted. That's why I mentioned Immortal Technique in my first post. That guy can really do something man.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I still purchase music. Independent labels drop some real dope albums.

Almost every major label release has got 2 or 3 radio friendly singers and then a bunch of fillers.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
hiphops not dead while people like us still make it.

Power corrupts Pazalootly so i'm sure hiphop will play itself out in the mainstream but who says thats bad for us? Right now the public is trained, by the A&R's signing these acts (thinking that's where the moneys at), and basic people have unrealistic views of what hiphop is because of it. I think that eventually this will narrow and narrow and become more stagnate until another genre that is bubbling to blow will introduce a new mainstream. This is still not bad for us because rightous hiphop will never be dead. Hiphop is like Jazz in a way because I think it will always stay around and influence other genres as well as stay in it's true form.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Benny BuKu said:
^^^^lol^^^^

it's 2 Live Crew....but I hear ya...
THAS WHY ITS UP TO NIGGAS LIKE US TO STOP IDOLIZING AND DEFENDING OTHER PRODUCERS AND ARTISTS AND PUT OUR SHYT OUT THERE..HIP HOP DID ALOT FOR US AND ITS OBVIOUS THAT IT NEEDS HELP SO WE GOT SOME WORK TO DO TO FIX IT

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
hiphops not dead while people like us still make it.

Power corrupts Pazalootly so i'm sure hiphop will play itself out in the mainstream but who says thats bad for us? Right now the public is trained, by the A&R's signing these acts (thinking that's where the moneys at), and basic people have unrealistic views of what hiphop is because of it. I think that eventually this will narrow and narrow and become more stagnate until another genre that is bubbling to blow will introduce a new mainstream. This is still not bad for us because rightous hiphop will never be dead. Hiphop is like Jazz in a way because I think it will always stay around and influence other genres as well as stay in it's true form.
This is good; and
Gentlemen and Ladies IF you play a sine tone at an acceptable pitch 20 times a day on radio Then eventually everyone will expect that crap to play for 3 and 1/2 minutes 20 times a day. AND if you add rhythm to it, people will expect that sound, despite the "extras" around it.

ART,
which is REAL hiphop WILL ,and DOES go out the window...YES?

I say stay with Guru and original no grammy gettin but still deserving atrtists on the undeground independent circut and create your own classics,
Or I could just shhhh now...

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
I agree with what everyone is saying. And lately, it seems we all are frustrated with the state of music. Everyone is arguing with each other about what is good music. What is real music. What is real hip-hop. What is not. EVERY single person on this thread has made excellent points about today's music. But fuck, turn on your television, watch the news, watch what is considered TV today(reality shows,which in actuality is no one's reality), a woman just killed her three kids the other day. Our society is fucked man, and the music is a reflection of it. Hip-hop is the machine of marketing today. Every fuckin thing u see is advertised through hip-hop. You see back in the day, hip-hop didn't generate all this money, so it was like this hip-hop genre and the best of what was out made all the money which wasn't much at all. But now it pays, like dealin dope. the dopeman used to be the person that was sellin out his community. now days the dopeman is the hero. and so whats important to us nowadays is fucked. because we like the people in the poor communities didnt have shit. but now sellin dope allows u to have shit. Makin rap mainstream allows us to have shit. so if u got somethin positive to say, u betta make it sound appealing without sellin out, like outkast, like kanye, like nas, other wise, the masses dont want to hear it. and we don't own no record labels. so the taking our music back theory, has to be done cleverly, preach, but dont make it sound like ur preachin...

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
bluchippa5 said:
I agree with what everyone is saying. And lately, it seems we all are frustrated with the state of music. Everyone is arguing with each other about what is good music. What is real music. What is real hip-hop. What is not. EVERY single person on this thread has made excellent points about today's music. But fuck, turn on your television, watch the news, watch what is considered TV today(reality shows,which in actuality is no one's reality), a woman just killed her three kids the other day. Our society is fucked man, and the music is a reflection of it. Hip-hop is the machine of marketing today. Every fuckin thing u see is advertised through hip-hop. You see back in the day, hip-hop didn't generate all this money, so it was like this hip-hop genre and the best of what was out made all the money which wasn't much at all. But now it pays, like dealin dope. the dopeman used to be the person that was sellin out his community. now days the dopeman is the hero. and so whats important to us nowadays is fucked. because we like the people in the poor communities didnt have shit. but now sellin dope allows u to have shit. Makin rap mainstream allows us to have shit. so if u got somethin positive to say, u betta make it sound appealing without sellin out, like outkast, like kanye, like nas, other wise, the masses dont want to hear it. and we don't own no record labels. so the taking our music back theory, has to be done cleverly, preach, but dont make it sound like ur preachin...

I agree. It's like the best analogy is comparing "conscious" music to Jehova's Witnesses. NO ONE is going to want to listen to music that is pushy, bible-thumpin', fanatical, and/or extremist UNLESS you're pushy, bible-thumpin', fanatical, or an extremist. It's gotta be done discreetly, almost in a method similar to the techniques cults use to recruit members. Hell, if the music industry wants to use these techniques to GET followers, why can't we use it in reverse to GET BACK listeners??

I suggest all of yall pick up Sun Tzu's The Art of War if you're this passionate about it. It's got some absolute real suggestions on strategizing war, politics, or business (or if you combine all three, hip-hop production). You can't change the game by approaching it as its adversary, they'll shut you down at the front gates with your picket sign in your hand. You've gotta climb the ranks from the grunt to the General, and THEN drop the truth on 'em.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Dantson said:
I agree. It's like the best analogy is comparing "conscious" music to Jehova's Witnesses. NO ONE is going to want to listen to music that is pushy, bible-thumpin', fanatical, and/or extremist UNLESS you're pushy, bible-thumpin', fanatical, or an extremist. It's gotta be done discreetly, almost in a method similar to the techniques cults use to recruit members. Hell, if the music industry wants to use these techniques to GET followers, why can't we use it in reverse to GET BACK listeners??

I suggest all of yall pick up Sun Tzu's The Art of War if you're this passionate about it. It's got some absolute real suggestions on strategizing war, politics, or business (or if you combine all three, hip-hop production). You can't change the game by approaching it as its adversary, they'll shut you down at the front gates with your picket sign in your hand. You've gotta climb the ranks from the grunt to the General, and THEN drop the truth on 'em.

Exactly... I know I want to make a difference in music, but to be heard, i gotta give everyone a reason to listen first...kanye was able to do it his way, outkast the same, u don't have to sacrifice anything ur tryin to accomplish if u just know how to make it SOUND good...

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Chrono said:
Whew Danston! Droppin Knowledge

I've heard of Art of War, now i might pick it up.

Best thing about it chro.... Its a short book...U could knock it out in a couple of days on ur breaks smokin reefer in the bathroom...LOL