the next BiG think after the durty soufh?

O

open mind

what is illmuzik thinkin whats gonna be the next BiG thang in rap muzik ?

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I don't know; but whatever it is I hope it's not the "Hokey Pokey" or "Laffy Taffy"! Please turn it in another direction!
ONE

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
hopefully right back east..god knoes it has to be done

B

Burna

O-H-TEN said:
I don't know; but whatever it is I hope it's not the "Hokey Pokey" or "Laffy Taffy"! Please turn it in another direction!
ONE

yes yes if rap turns in that direction, i will litterally shoot myself. I dont know how much more of these "Candy" rappers i can take. Fucking rapping willy wonkas!

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think and hope its gonna revert into more lyrical shit. back to some biggie ish.
JAKE THE SNAKE out of boston is bringin that shit back reall fucking hard JtheS.com

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I'm hoping that Kevin Federline's CD will do well, and hopefully more rappers will collab with Britney Spears. That girl got mad soul.

Other than that I'm waiting for D4L's new album which I hear will include up to 8 different sounds! That's the double ammount of sounds that they usually use! Ground breaking!

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
If that snap shit blows up, I'm leaving this game....

If that Hyphy bullshit blows up, I'm leaving this game... (although it's 100 times better than that snap crapple and pop bullshit D4L is doing, it's not good music to me. And yes I know E-40 is an innovator and blah blah, hes still innovating weird stupid shit)

Honestly, I want it to come back east to NY. I want a new breed of Nas and Jay, Big and Pac. Real lyricists. Actually, I would LOVE for Nas to make it to the top of pop culture. I wanna see Nas sell 10 million records.

Honestly, I'm just really sick of these "fads" and new "cultures" in hip hop music. To me its all a big gimmick. I just want artists to be themselves and if it strikes me as good music, then cool. But right now I feel like everyone is trying to be someone else. I respect E-40 for being original and being himself, but I don't personally enjoy the music. And the rest of the ppl in the Bay area are just copying him and Mac Dre.

I always wondered how these new movements start. Hyphy, Snap, Crunk, etc. Honestly, I think a bunch of people are high as fuck in the studio one day, and try some really retarted random bullshit. Then everyone else who is around them is so high, they think its hot. then these dudes get so gassed up on themselves they take it too far and VIOLA, we get Laffy Taffy...its sad really

T

The Bastard

hpnotiq said:
i think and hope its gonna revert into more lyrical shit. back to some biggie ish.
JAKE THE SNAKE out of boston is bringin that shit back reall fucking hard JtheS.com
jake the snake sucks

O

open mind

the problem is TOP eastcoast mc's are not releasing much in the near future uhm ok u got ghostface with fishscale and then ...........................................................................................2007? nas?jigga?

ps:dont come with mobb deep lol they are crunk now hahah

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
bigrob said:
the problem is TOP eastcoast mc's are not releasing much in the near future uhm ok u got ghostface with fishscale and then ...........................................................................................2007? nas?jigga?

ps:dont come with mobb deep lol they are crunk now hahah

bigrob the dude in your avatar was my hero for a couple months after watching Saw.

he had class and was able to keep his cool even when torturing young teenagers etc. and the way he rolled up on his bike was ill, spoke his business, then left will a chilled out slowness to his pedalling.

i could probably kick it with that dude for a few days.

O

open mind

Rhythmikal said:
bigrob the dude in your avatar was my hero for a couple months after watching Saw.

he had class and was able to keep his cool even when torturing young teenagers etc. and the way he rolled up on his bike was ill, spoke his business, then left will a chilled out slowness to his pedalling.

i could probably kick it with that dude for a few days.
u welcome! yo i like dat saw movie too thats why my avatar. that dude on the bike was freakin sick haha.of course part one is better then 2 but saw 2 was still enjoyable.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Emeezy said:
the only thing i want is the lyrical rapprs from NY to come back, i cant stand that snap music or that bay area shit

I want lyrical rappers to come back period. Does it matter where they are from?

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I hope and pray that we'll have a new era of GOOD, LONG-LASTING music emerging from hip-hop. Something a little more intelligent, insightful, thought-provoking, brain-stimulating, involving more bunnies, and more responsible for the music that's being created.

I want to see Cee-Lo, Andre, Common, Black Thought, (and other ARTISTS that I cant think of cuz i'm too tired) to come together from every region, state, hell even countries, and make something that will inspire decades from now.

Cuz I dunno about you guys, but I'm slowly getting burned out on what's cliched' as "hip-hop". Boom bap just ain't cutting it artistically for me anymore.

Of course, I'll probably be rediscovering overlooked elements in hip hop within a month or so, then branching out from there to other types of music, etc etc etc... cycling like that endlessly.

I dont even remember what the hell this thread is about. I need adderral.

EDIT: Why can't hip-hop artists embrace other forms of music like other genres? The Beatles pulled off ALL KINDS of styles... they never stepped out of parameters with it. It WAS their style. I wanna see that shit come to light. Assuming 98% of the citizens die in some sort of freak accident and only the weird, anti-social, music-appreciating people SURVIVE, this is a possibility.

Otherwise, it'll probably be that snap crackle pop junk.

T

The Bastard

classic said:
WHY DOES, everyone equate, east coast rappers with lyrical content

Anyway like dude above said i would like lyrical, talented cats to take the for front again,
Goodie mobb, scarface, UGK, as well as T.I and outkast should bring the lyrical aspect of southern hip hop to the forefront
u see the previews for that new movie ''ATL''?