The Carter II

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
I've just heard a few tracks off Lil' Wayne's The Carter II....and I must say that I like it alot. I've never really been that fond of Mr. Weezy (especially wiht all the recent Jay-Z comparisons) but despite all of that, theCarter II is still his most well crafted album to date. Has anybody else heard it? My favorite so far is The Mobb, Reciept, and Best Rapper Alive (This title is A little much if u ask me but..)

bisit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah it's a pretty hot album, i'm really feeling that Shooter track I loved that joint on Thicke's album. I think he did go a little over the top with the best rapper alive, but it's a nice album

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
Yeah the Joint is Hot. My Little sister gave me copy of it and I was like O.k. The production is crazy on it. It Surprised me. But I've always like lil wayne as an emcee.

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ya Shooter is fucKing CRAZZYyyy but id have to agree that on "best rapper alive" he doenst even really come that hard, he should have just rapped fucking ill and not rapped about being ill if you can get what im saying, and plus the beat wanst that hot either, i would have done it with just a mellow old school beat not to intesn and just showcased his lyrical ablitiy,,, buuuuttt then again thats just me bottom line Shooter is the best track.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
hpnotiq said:
ya Shooter is fucKing CRAZZYyyy but id have to agree that on "best rapper alive" he doenst even really come that hard, he should have just rapped fucking ill and not rapped about being ill if you can get what im saying, and plus the beat wanst that hot either, i would have done it with just a mellow old school beat not to intesn and just showcased his lyrical ablitiy,,, buuuuttt then again thats just me bottom line Shooter is the best track.

co-sign.. shooter is my favorite track on the album too..

BrothaMann

ill o.g.
i've been a fan of lil wayne since the hot boy days, i always saw potential in his rhyming ability. i also noticed that with every album he gets a lil better with the exception of this one. don't get me wrong the carter II is dope but the carter I is a better album to me altogether. it's one of my all time favorites. but i feel the carter II and shooter is his best song ever (grammy material or should be).

ShortFuze said:
Yeah the Joint is Hot. My Little sister gave me copy of it and I was like O.k. The production is crazy on it. It Surprised me. But I've always like lil wayne as an emcee.

what up man? i peeped you in the beat battle last weekend. i thought your shit was dope. i'm in the next one on feb. 18. i'm gots to have one of them belts(or 2 or 3). but keep banging out that heat.

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
what up man? i peeped you in the beat battle last weekend. i thought your shit was dope. i'm in the next one on feb. 18. i'm gots to have one of them belts(or 2 or 3). but keep banging out that heat.

No Doubt, Preciate it man. If I dont enter the next one I'll definately be in the spot somewhere. So holla so I'll know who you be. And Yeah I got to win me some of them belts too!

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Honestly I like the old Wayne better the new Wayne is off the chain too but that old shit he used to do with the hot boys was better to me. I got every album but 1 that was the one with Bling Bling on it. But yeah the carter II is throwed

S

Svenghali

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Lil' Wayne is one of the illest cats out of the south. That young man has a future.

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm loving it, my complaint about him was he didnt make songs, he could always say the slickest sh## but no real songs, but now he got it together. One of the best this year.
This is on the level off BLueprint, not as good but on that level, in the same family.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
soundboy2 said:
I'm loving it, my complaint about him was he didnt make songs, he could always say the slickest sh## but no real songs, but now he got it together. One of the best this year.
This is on the level off BLueprint, not as good but on that level, in the same family.

I'm sure you live in the South, cuz you're comparing it to one of the best album in 10 years. It's a good thing that you people from the south support your artists, my friend told me that people from the south buy all the albums even the underground joints so that's why guy like mike jones sells 300k independant. But you're supporting to much. Me thinking that his voice and flow is annoying and wack is : MY OPINION , but me saying that you're crazy thinking that this album is on the level of Blueprint : is a FACT

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
I haven't heard the Carter II but i doubt that its better than the Carter I- Just that confident about it--I don't understand how they didn't push that album-Its damn near perfect- THis was the first time I could say he actually outdid B.G. and Juve for the best Cd out of the Cash MOney library-And I'm a B.G. fan to the heart and I'm saying that!!!!!!!!!

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
I'm sure you live in the South, cuz you're comparing it to one of the best album in 10 years. It's a good thing that you people from the south support your artists, my friend told me that people from the south buy all the albums even the underground joints so that's why guy like mike jones sells 300k independant. But you're supporting to much. Me thinking that his voice and flow is annoying and wack is : MY OPINION , but me saying that you're crazy thinking that this album is on the level of Blueprint : is a FACT

I'm from the south (Born n' raised)..and yea....The Carter II is good...BUT being in the same family as The Blueprint? HA! Wayne has A LOT to learn about flow and sounding mainstream with out creative compromise. Jay-Z is a master of the english language...he used to read a dictionary I believe...Lil Wayne jacked Jay's flow by the way too...and I alos think that blinds alot of people to the fact that he is just OK..he just says some shit and hopes that it makes sense while using someone elses developed flow...He has yet to come into his own...and until he grows some balls a takes a few more chances he ain't goin nowhere in hip hop he hasn't already been lyrically.

I'm from the South and Black..and sorry to say but thats real....Just because Wayne is southern dosen't mean brothas have to support him. Thats Like sayin' just becasue I'm black I have to support EVERY black entertainer, rapper, and buisness. Personaly I say FUCK Mindless Dirty South Crunk...Fuck BET..and Fuck every frontin' muha fucka in the south who thinks they can rap just becasue they got a hit single. Shit...Sex sells...but so does Crack!

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:

Yeah,we do believe in supporting our own, we like the black people of the music game. We got mistreated for a while , so we went for self. Back then , they didnt want us , now we hot, they all on us. LOL. But really to me its on the level of the Blueprint from a souths perspective I guess. It's like having the 745 Beemer, then you got the 760il. Same format and all but not as tight and luxurious. I can see how someone would not like his voice. But if you like spit, he slick as they come with the metaphors and punch lines. Hell Jay wanted to sign him. But check it out and listen a few times then let us know.
The whole album, not the "Fireman" causes that one of the weekest songs. He got some real songs on this one. The beats are stupid as hell to man.

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Hell I even remember two of my freinds from home saying that Lil Wayne was better than EMINEM!!! Now THAT is CRAZY...If EMINEM still cared about the rap shit he would KILL Lil Wayne Lyrically (freestyle, meaphors, written, etc.!)

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Look, I dont think eminem is better than wayne as a matter of fact there arnt many mc's from anywhere in the us I consider "better" than wayne, problem is southern acts cant make classics because noone wants to admitt when a southern act is THAT hot. Hate it love it or whatever The Carter 2 is better than %95.5 percent of the shit thats out right now. Im still tryna figure out how people determine whether or not an album is "classic". I always thought it would take years to find out what people would still be listening to years from now, as in how can you tell from listening to a new release that people are gonna be bangin it 10 years down the road before ten years pass? People spend too much time looking for classic albums i would suggest just taking the albums for what it is at the time.

off topi: Reasonable Doubt > Blueprint

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
Yea U right... People do search to muc for classic albums...I think I classic album is timeless lke u said...it has universal appeal...for all people of all shapes n' sizes...Like with movies; there is always a universal message and meaning that everyone can understand and relate to dispite who makes it.