Suggestions for Keyboards?

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 835
Anyone have any suggestions for a keyboard that isn't too expensive (under $500) that has some decent sounds? I'm not looking for a midi controller...

I have a 25 key midi controller that I use for most things, but have been thinking about adding a keyboard to get more sounds, and also have more keys!!

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
Im personally using a keystasion mini 32 its small,cheap and the best at its price... its about 50 euro..it has a volume knob and buttons for sustaind, Daw edit,octave up,Octave down , And it also has buttons for modifications (you can only use em on ignite) they are just changing kits of drums when u are recording.It also comes with ignite and ablenton lite.I strongly suggest its very good and you can use it in every DAW so its kind of the best at its price. ;)

crog85

Back to the Grind...
Battle Points: 835
Cool, thanks for the input. I'll definitely check out the Reface CP and the Keystasion. I know I said I wasn't interested in a MIDI controller, but came across this...
TRITONTAKTILE49-0_1.png

It is a MIDI controller, but also has over 500 sounds from the original triton keyboard, and is only around $300, so I'm kinda leaning towards this now... Anyone have any experience with one of these?

OriginalNoGuru

Struggles of Dad - by OldBones - due Dec 2016
Did you get the Reface CP?

I've been drooling over it on YouTube after having a play in store... £289 here in the UK but those Rhodes sounds with a touch of the analogue delay!!!

That'd be on every track I'd make if I had it!

FYI.
I've been using a Korg MicroKey37 for a few years...
Recently bought a Novation Impulse...
I know you said you wanted a keyboard with sounds and MIDI as opposed to a straight MIDI controller but with the Automap software the Impulse is really nice to use.
Along with the Presonus FaderPort I bought at the same time; I barely touch my mouse now... Really great!

Last edited by a moderator: