Stretchin VST

• beat this! voting starts in...

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My set up is PC/MIDI based. Cakewalk Sonar sequencer lots of samples lots of VST's but none works for me in the followin case: i put up my drums at xx bpm and i wanna resample my sample to fit say one or two bars. I want the VST to auto-calculate so it fits 1 (2 , 3 , 4 ) bars exactley. i have perfect looped cuts that i chop ( and thats not a bad thing ) in 16 pieces and rearrange but i want to do it the lazy way also you can get pretty mad with that too and i don wanna hear its not creative but that another topic :D

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't know what you would have done in the day of using tape.
Not much I guess.We live at a time where things are so much more easy
then in the past.But I guess it's not enough.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thats very constructive breal thank you.

ill run to the shop and buy some instruments and a 4track tape recorder and ill discard my PC. shame on me. i dont know what was on my mind

@ mp3 Sonar doesent resample the loop its just changes tempo preserving pitch and that a good thind sometimes. but i want it the other way too

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Sorry for the dig but at time I think we all get a bit lazy.Me too.
I think we forget sometimes how hard it once was.

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
@ mp3 Sonar doesent resample the loop its just changes tempo preserving pitch and that a good thind sometimes. but i want it the other way too

Oh ok. I don't know if anything does that automatically, but if you don't mind putting in a little work you could do it manually in just about any sampler. Just use a BPM calculator to figure out how much to pitch up/down.

members online