Soundforge or Adobe Audition...

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
I've read the specs on both, and from viewing various forums, it seems soundforge comes up more often than Audition(cool edit pro) does. I use reason 2.5 and ableton live 4 on occasion when working with my production partner. Just trying to find which program is good for phrase sampling to dump in the nn-xt or nn-19. i'm kinda new to sampling.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you really don't need to spend that much if you just want to sample. There is a free program called auducity, that can do the same thing and it has some good options. Since adobe auditon is rewire compatible now you can use it to rewire reason into there and get multitracks of your songs and use VST effects in them. Soundforge is real good for you, but audition fits my needs more

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
I have audicity and actually pulled off my first sample this week dumping a Jacskson Five loop into the nn-xt. It works wonderfully. I guess I was checkin on all the extras each program obviously offers since people would rather buy them versus using a free program like audacity. Just not sure how those add'l options would enhance my production or setup. That's really what I'm looking to compare.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Cool edit/Audition. All you have to do is zoom in.. thats where people begin to think the wave editing is inaccurate. Audition fits all my needs.

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Thanks Fade, and everyone else for your input. I guess the final say all will take me to download the demo version of each-

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
I say try both and see which you like. theyre both freely available on the net if you wanna try before u buy.

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Audition FIRMLY. You have to buy all the filters separately in sound forge. Audition comes with a whole gang of shit that is pretty high level. Noise reduction and all sorts of other useful shit. DEFFINTLY go with Audition.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Id go wit sounforge jus because u can drag n drop cuts from the sample take the hwole song put it in sound fore select n drag the sectiono ut to create a new file that all i need.

T

The Bastard

trinidad said:
Id go wit sounforge jus because u can drag n drop cuts from the sample take the hwole song put it in sound fore select n drag the sectiono ut to create a new file that all i need.
ill quote, def oine of my fav lil bro songs

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
if you just want to edit waves I think Soundforge is cheaper and real good, but Audition is vastly more versatile and that may come in handy. I teach both, as well as audacity i would say my students are about 60 percent audition, 35 soundforge, and 5 audacity. Those that use soundforge prefer acid to audition, or reason.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
soundforge... just doesnt feel right. feels cheap and insecure.

Audition gives me a feeling that my files are being handled profesisonally (even tho i'm really doing all the work), and yes audition is way more versityle, and is set up for the easiest usage of effects plugins and multitracking.

I'd go with audition, cuz even in multitrack view it allows you to assign FX and edit them for each channel. Also, it can be used as a sequencer, and can be rewired with reason, etc.

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
thedreampolice said:
"Id go wit sounforge jus because u can drag n drop cuts from the sample take the hwole song put it in sound fore select n drag the sectiono ut to create a new file that all i need."

Umm ANY audio editor can do that, thats what audio editors do.

No what i mean is that you can select drag out then save insted of copy n paste into new file like othe files, sp i dont have to waste time creating new files the dragging and dropping automatically creates the new file. then i hit save all in to a folder. You cant do that on audacity i belive n i tried it on audition didn't work