Soundcard Buzzing

In-Dent

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I find when my speakers are connected to my M-Audio 2496 they tend to buzz. This does not happen when the same speakers are connected to my SoundMax intergrated soundcard. What couldI do to solve this?

O

open mind

try the newest driver from m-audio.and deactivated the integrated soundcard in the bios menu.

In-Dent

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
open mind said:
try the newest driver from m-audio.and deactivated the integrated soundcard in the bios menu.
I already have the latest drivers, and if I deactivate the intergrated soundcard I can't use Windows Media to listen to music, because it won't accept my M-Audio card. Thanks for the help but unless theres a way around Windows Media's Default soundcard I'm stuck.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea i have i mbox2 and I kinda had the same problem...
i just installed a soundblaster 16 in there and use 2 sound cards.
I have always had a slight noise comming out of my monitors though and i fixed the problem by getting thick sheilded 1/4 cables to connect to my monitors and also got a "monster clean power" power bar. you would be suprised on the effect of noise that the power to you house creates.

In-Dent

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
5th Sequence said:
it wont accept your M-Audio card? Try researching further into that solution, cuz I was going to say the same as open mind.

Yup, when I set it to play out my M-Audio card, it still plays out the soundblaster.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
There is only oneway to do this that i can remember.
like i said i have 2 sound cards running my mbox and sb16 cuz i prefure it that way.

If it is an onboard sound card you need to deactivate it in the bios. I had the same problem but for a video card when i was installing a dual monitor system.

simply deactivate the sound through your bios and windows wont even know its there plus that should also fix the problem of only being able to hear windows media player through your motherboard sound card

members online