Sound Placement (!!! I NEED HELP ON THIS ASAP !!!!)

New Dynasty

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
This is a newbie question, but i need an answer to this verry verry soon...

As I make my beats i've noticed the the actual postion of my sound is usually the same. I dont know the technical lingo for what im about to explain to you but here goes...

To get where im coming from, imagine your head with earphones on it. lol, duh....!

All my sound seems to be at eye level. I want one sound to come from the bottom, as if it were coming from your jawline. I want another sound to seem like its coming the top middle left side of your skull. I want another sound to seem like its coming directly from the back of ones' head. And I want one sound to be completely surrounding you, ( I think the term is ambient???) So on and so forth...

I know stereo seperation can do this to a certain extent, but its not seeming to get the job done effectively.

So I really would appreciate someone completely breaking this down for me, ASAP!!! THNX!

NobleWordz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
You use pan and levels to set placement.

Like you want a synth to sound like its behind everything, you turn down the level.

If you want the hi-hats to sound like its coming from the side pan it.

~NW~

O

open mind

yes level means volume.u cant achieve what u want when u mix with the headphones because u got only left and right u need a surround system for that and your soundcard need to support dolby digital or someting.

members online