Software Sampler Vs. Hardware Sampler

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Currently i use the ensoniq asr-10 & mpc 2500(just got it) set up.I was wondering what everybody thinks about software samplers like Motu Mach 5 and Kontakt 2.The ensoniq is crazy with sampling sometimes but is limitd to memory & same thing with mpc limitied memory.

Should I look into getting rid of my asr-10 & running software samplers into my mpc and still sequence through my mpc or stick with my asr-10 and keep sampling & sequencing the way I do now.

Let me know what you think

KIEYZ

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
If memory is your only concern, you should buy more... (I think you can, can you?) or you could use both software and hardware...

It's not supposed to be hardware or software.... cuz I think a lot of software users use or want to use some hardware eventually (like a trigger or a midi controller) and a lot of hardware users want to use software (at least, for the final mixdown...)

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
JKIEYZ said:
Currently i use the ensoniq asr-10 & mpc 2500(just got it) set up.I was wondering what everybody thinks about software samplers like Motu Mach 5 and Kontakt 2.The ensoniq is crazy with sampling sometimes but is limitd to memory & same thing with mpc limitied memory.

Should I look into getting rid of my asr-10 & running software samplers into my mpc and still sequence through my mpc or stick with my asr-10 and keep sampling & sequencing the way I do now.

Let me know what you think

KIEYZ

I say keep all your hardware plus get the software, that way you can stay flexible. As soon as you get rid of your ASR-10 you'll get an idea for a track that would sound better on the ASR and you sold it. That just my opinion, if your 100% sure you will never want to use it again, then go ahead and sell it. If theres any doubt keep it, the asr is a rare piece now and new software samplers come out every year.

hpnotiq

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im with osmosis, althought ive never used hardware software is easy to come by legaly and illegaly although im not condoning that its possible so you can peep the programs your thinking about and fuck with them and if you like em cop em if not stick with what you got. my 2 cents

E

Equality 7-2521

i thought we all knew that a good setup will not produce good music for you.

anyway, personally i prefer software purely for the flexibility and power. id try both and see which you like best.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
I have always been big on hardware.. But it would probably benefit you in the long-run to invest in both.. And it seems like you got a pretty good set up as is.. so i would just rock with that.