Showcase - November 10-16, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pouncey

EDM/Trap Producer
Getting more and more into Orchestral type beats.

Titan

Pouncey

EDM/Trap Producer

Congrats on figuring it out lmao. Great beat btw, Mix gets kinda saturated though around the middle of it, Vocals could be a little higher in the mix. Drums and kicks could also be alittle higher, they get kinda lost around the middle too, Great job overall though!, Sounds like a beat Logic would rapper over.

Also next time you should leave feedback before you post otherwise no one will give you feedback.

spliffstar76

BangBang
Battle Points: 1
Getting more and more into Orchestral type beats.

Titan

Thanks! You beat sound very polished, the way you fused Trap/EDM is well noticed. How you you mix & master your tracks, My track are pretty raw and i'm looking for some advice on how I can polish my track up. Peace!!

Erik

Battle Points: 8

This is illlll. I'm a sucker for phone conversations. The distortion of the grittiness gets me goin'... AND THEN MOS DEF CAME IN... one of my favorite emcees. It's as if you knew I'd be listening haha. But seriously, dope track.

The only thing that I would work on is smooth out the sample a little. I like how it's chopped, but it's a little jerky. More difficult to notice it when there's a verse on top of it. It's a stretch, but it's really my only criticism, I love it!

I posted an earlier version of this beat a few weeks ago. I was trying to get it right, but couldn't. Since then I feel like I've made some steps in the right direction.

spliffstar76

BangBang
Thanks Erik , building a track around vocals seems a lot easier , I'm working on learning how to master tracks using FL studio 11 any suggestion on any effects or mastering software that would make my job easier.

Again, thanks for the feedback

Thanks Erik , building a track around vocals seems a lot easier , I'm working on learning how to master tracks using FL studio 11 any suggestion on any effects or mastering software that would make my job easier.

Again, thanks for the feedback
No, effects and mastering software doesnt make your job easier, it makes it a whole lot harder.
Its more pieces of software to learn, and if you want to get into mastering thats another whole can of worms.
But if thats a can that you really want to open, Izotope Ozone is very good for mastering. And the waves plugins are good for effects and also for mastering, if you know what you are doing. I would also say, dont rely on presets, they are simply a starting point, not a "do it all for you" one click fixes all.

You will also need a good set of monitors and acoustically treated room. This is essential for mastering and mixing to a good standard.

Check this out.... http://productionadvice.co.uk/mastering-basics/

Last edited:

spliffstar76

BangBang
No, effects and mastering software doesnt make your job easier, it makes it a whole lot harder.
Its more pieces of software to learn, and if you want to get into mastering thats another whole can of worms.
But if thats a can that you really want to open, Izotope Ozone is very good for mastering. And the waves plugins are good for effects and also for mastering, if you know what you are doing. I would also say, dont rely on presets, they are simply a starting point, not a "do it all for you" one click fixes all.

You will also need a good set of monitors and acoustically treated room. This is essential for mastering and mixing to a good standard.

Check this out.... http://productionadvice.co.uk/mastering-basics/
Thanks!

Erik

Battle Points: 8
Hey guys, remember to give feedback for others when posting your own beats. This is a forum for discussion, not promotion.

Battle Points: 30
@N2DeepBeatz
Yo really Smooth and chilled Beats!
W

Here are 2 Beats i made,check out and give feedback if you like

in the frist beat the kick in some parts is a little bit off tempo, but however the beat came out pretty well.
Also for the second one the kick seem to be a little bit off tempo, but also this is good :)
(sorry for my english, it isn't my frist language).
this is one of my latest beats

Status
Not open for further replies.