Showcase - January 31 - February 6, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
Hey @Hadoq Thanks for the info, details and the screenshot. I'm not sure how much automation most other hip hop producers use but I don't think it would be much. This looks almost like a House track because of the automation, filtering etc going on. I tend to stick with the blocks (if it's there, it's playing, if it's not, it's not). I really applaud you on this as it's one part of beat-making that I often neglect. Although I do think with a psychedelic type beat like this that it serves it's purpose in creating an atmospheric vibe.

@2GooD Productions

Funk In The Trunk - I have the sound of that bass. Very crunchy and distorted yet it's nice to listen to.
I would say that I like the composition and everything until 0:53 as later you got a little bit carried away and there is far too much going on in my opinion.
Instruments clash with each other and it's really not pleasant to hear. Furthermore, from 1:50 the track becomes more enjoyable again. I like those little accents you used (strings? plucks? something like this)
Drums sound nice. The beat needs polishing in my opinion especially on the compositional side and mix. But that's just my opinion. :D

A New Age Rises - It resembles your classic style that we are all used to. It's much better when it comes to composition and mix than Funk In The Trunk. Drums are on point, composition is on point, sound choice is alright to me. It's cool that you created something shorter this time as usually your beats tend to be about 4 minutes long. This one is short and sweet. Straight to the point.
Nothing really to complain about here. You did a good job. :D

@Sole Element

Again our remix expert :D I like it. Your remixes are different in a good way :D Good synths, good drums, good arrangement. It's not something I would listen to on my own but when I review it it's cool. Not much to critiscise here. Keep it up. :D

@Hadoq

Not a fan of ATCQ at all so my review of that remix might be a little bit biased. In my opinion snare is a little bit too dry and too much in your face. I like the bass though and the sound of a kick drum. It has jazzy vibe and "lo-fi" vibe but hey, you're making lo-fi so that's pretty much obvious. Vocals are ok and I like that processing. Overall, it's good. Chilled out and relaxing.

"psychedelic" - Again little jazzy thing. Again drums are great but something's wrong with a snare. Possibly the same thing as in ATCQ. I like the melody played on piano. That high phrase that appears around 2:00 is not necessary in my opinion and not very pleasant to listen to. Again, it's pretty difficult for me to rate "lo-fi" as you don't know whether someone did something intentionally or because they didn't know how to do it so to hide their lacks of technique they make lo-fi. No pun intended, just saying that it's pretty hard for me to judge lo-fi.

@hosie

I'm sorry I was too late :( The link doesn't work :(

@Otaavetti

Smooth beat and smooth rap. If it's freestyle you are good freestyler :D You rap on point, I like your voice and your flow. Overall, it's cool! :D I will have to check more things from you. Keep it up. :D

@Manfreezey

Tender Roomie - Wow 2005! :D I was 10 then. :p At first when I was listening to it, I wanted to say that that clap you used blends a little with other sounds but later on I would say it fits the rest of the mix. Maybe it could be moved a little bit to the front and get exposed. I like those chords and the melody that follows them. It has original vibe to me and I would say it has potential but it would sound better with a rapper on it. Also it's a bit too long (5 minutes :/ ).

hosie

ILLIEN
Hey @Memento Beats this isn't really my style but I think this is really nice and a really well executed remix. Will have a listen on headphones later but sounds well mixed and I think you'd be happy with the outcome. Nice work.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Decided to go totally unquantized for these, and for whatever hip hop I do from now on.

Funk in the Trunk
You are doing a great job layering sounds and bringing in countermelodies. The main synth part is about 4 seconds long and plays through the whole track. I think the track would benefit from more variations. Take out the main synth or try chord changes. Take some stuff out so there is more dynamic. Keep up the good work.

Kane the MOD

Grey haired Boom Bap Rap Dad
Decided to go totally unquantized for these, and for whatever hip hop I do from now on.

A New Age Rises
The instrumentation feels like great hip hop. As the track is short there is no need to change the melody or chords. My only issue is the snare. I feel the snare is too present for the ghostnotes. I would suggest to change the snare to see how it affects the track or shorten the snare. Keep up the good work.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
My bad on the late feedback had a busy week!

@Hadoq the tribe called quest remix has potential but the vocals sound out of tune with the singing part. The beat itself is nice, but I don't like the vocals with this one. The second beat is good I like what you did with the melodies. Not really feeling the drums but that's just my opinion.
@Otaavetti This beat has a very gloomy but beautiful tone to it, very well put together. The vocals are good as well it's just they don't seem to have enough feel to go with the beat IMO. I just think the vocals sound monotone, but everything still sounds good.
@Memento Beats I love how you put your trap beats together, you always keep it interesting. Very good listen. Goes very well with the vocals.

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122
@2GooD Productions i really like the sounds you used this week. The drums sound good as well. The second one really grabbed my attention, the only thing I didn’t like was on certain parts you had one too many snare hits but other than that no problem. I love that shaker! Nice choruses as well, seriously.

Wasn't very active last week but trying to make up for it this week!

@2GooD Productions i believe as many already mentioned the first is a lil intense from the get-go but I'm liking that 2nd one a lot, good drums and feel. Sounding good man.

@Sole Element Not particluarly my thing but sounds good regardless!

@Hadoq I like the lo-fi feel both tracks have, nice execution, was a fun listen.

@hosie Beat behind the vocals sounds bouncy man but i feel like the MF doom vocals are a bit too harsh, really in your ear. if balanced more think it'd sound a lil better.

I put a lil freestyle out today, quite a short one but i think it's quite chill. Any feeback is appreciated.

Freestyle Friday! I rock with this one fam! Great choice in production as well.

@EsquireMusic111 I would round off that bass a little, it seems a bit muddy, or something else is making the track sound muddy. Really nice production, but the muddiness of the bass stands out when the bass drops out and the track sounds nice and balanced.

@Memento Beats this is nice, I dont hear too many happier sounding beats from you. The bassline gives away its you. Drums sound crispy, the piano sounds really nice, good variation, the track breathes. Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online