Showcase - December 13-19, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

InnerThug

prod. by InnerThug
Battle Points: 170
@DeadBassRecords i like the melody on all three and your kick patterns are on point not sure about the snare in the last to just didnt do much for me especially the third one sounded almost like someone crinkling the blowing into a paper bag but dope other then that

@Rah.sool love the vibe felt like the end credits of some old time movie injected with a dose of hip hop soul

Its 4:40am, Im trying to listen best I can at low volume.....

@InnerThug I like this, I like the atmosphere and feeling of it, has a good battle vybe. I would like a more prominent bassline and can hear one playing in my head, and boy it sounds good lmao

@Rah.sool This is dope, has a real authentic oldskool hip hop sound. Nice variation keeping things interesting. Good work.

@DeadBassRecords Trust: Love the piano keys, gives it an oldskool horror film vybe. This beat oozes feeling and atmosphere, great battle beat, I like it a lot.

Last edited:

DeadBassRecords

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 74
Inner Thug This beat is dope fam , remind me of some old lil jon but i fuck with it heavy Keep up that good work !

2Good Productions i really like your style that first joint is so smooth really enjoy it . Flawless work keep up the good work homie !

@2GooD Productions "Take My Hand" is my fave of the three that little vox in the background about half way through is dope "Kings Men" has such a chill vibe is that a sax i hear in it? "Big Sound Instrumental" sounds like what plays during a characters redemption arc in the story, on point
thanks man, I havent even started adding a bassline on that track yet, been a bit side tracked TBH, havent touched Cubase in a few days. But I will find some time to get it done in the next few days. Its only a bassline, wont take long, but I want to mix it all nice and just getting the multitracks into cubase and setting it all up might take longer than the actual bassline lol. As for that sax, its in the sample, not sure what it is lol. Could be sax, who knows lol.
The drummer: theres something about this that I really like, I cant quite put my finger on it, i think its the main loop used throughout. Dope beat anyway.

Hello everyone!

@DeadBassRecords

Trust - Nice sounding piano phrase, smooth bassline, later we have some addition to arrangement in form of brass stabs in the background, strings. I think the beat leaves enough space for a rapper. It actually needs a rapper in my opinion as that piano phrase gets boring to listen to on its own even if you have these additional elements like brass stabs or strings. Overall, it's pretty decent in my opinion.

Can't Lose - I wouldn't say it's a "hard" trap beat but that's only my subjective view on this matter. Very clean and soulful guitar in my opinion. Don't know why but it doesn't remind me of American rap but more European one. I would hear Bushido rapping on it or someone from Germany. A lot of rappers have this kind of beats there at least from what I heard. That guitar melody is good, little melancholic but it fits the mood of the beat. Drums are on point and I when it comes to the choice of sounds I think you did really good job. Generally speaking, this beat is on point. I also like the visuals on this one :D

That last hard trap beat that you had in your first post - Again very smooth bass, a lot of sub frequencies in there, I like the drums. Melody is good. I like that change around 1:36 as it adds a lot of fresh air to the arrangement of this beat. It actually saved that beat when it comes to listening to it without a rapper as I have to say that I was getting a little bit bored of that loop around 1:30 but then this change appeared and it truly saved this track. Very smooth production in my opinion. You know what you're doing in my opinion and your beats have potential in my opinion.

Young Thug Type Beat - Nice trappy melody, again I love drums here, very good choice of sounds, nice structure of the beat. You have interesting style when it comes to brass. I noticed that you tend to put them a little bit in the background. It's interesting to me as it's completely different to what I usually do or used to do. I like to have brass hitting the listener right in the face but I have to admit that your approach shared some light for me as far as this instrument is concerned. Nothing to add here. Everything is on point in this beat. Loved it.

Call Me - Nice kick, nice hihats, weak snare for me :( Also bass here feels a little bit out of control to me. The melody is good, arrangement is also good but I think mix could be improved here. My personal opinion: different snare and more controlable bass. But that's just insight.

@Rah.sool

Pretty nice beat :D Structure and arrangement is on point, drums are on point. Beat flows very nicely and it keeps the listener's attention with no issue at all. Not a fan of the sound of bass you used here but aside from that I reckon that this beat is very well produced.

@InnerThug

A New Look - A lot of hype in here. I love that mood. Sounds like something one would use during entering the ring. :D I feel pumped up when I listen to it. Would love to hear some Em's vocals here as he would suit perfectly here. :D I like these vocal stabs that appear from time to time. Melody played by that synth is also great. Maybe it could be lowered just a little bit but to me it sounds nice the way it is now. Nice arrangement. Big props to your for this track.

The Drummer - has a bit oriental vibe. Like Asian music or something. It's pretty original to me. I love the thick bass you used here. Drums are on point. Beat is entertaining until 1:56 or something like this. I didn't like that switch to bouncy rhythm. Doesn't suit the vibe of the beat at all in my opinion. But generally, you have great skills when it comes to beat making. :D Wish you all the best.

@2GooD Productions

Kings Men - Sounds like some kind of blues mixed with hip hop which is interesting. Love that saxophone, drums are great. Can't picture a rapper here rather some singer but it's a cool track that could be used either in some movie or game. Great atmosphere. I'm not gonna describe anything related to mix as you know exactly what needs to be done. So I will focus more on experiences I have while listening to these beats.

Take My Hand - Sounds profesionally but I didn't like it. There something empty in the melody here. It kinda leads you nowhere but maybe that was the intention. Maybe it's some kind of encouragement to take your hand. :p

Big Sound - Again it feels like some mixture of genres just like Kings Men. Not a big fan of this track but I do like the strings in it.

Concluding, I'm gonna tell you one thing that I've never told you but I think it's the right place to do it here. It's kinda hard for me to judge your beats as you create something different. You have your style which I've never really been fond of as it's consisted of two elements: one that I like and the other one that I don't like and won't like. The one that I like and I admire is your mixing skills, your mixes always sound full and powerful. You also taught me a few things that really helped me improve my sound and I'm really grateful for that. It's one of your most dangerous weapons I would say which you proved in Battle Thats. But I've never been (and I think I will never be) the fan of your composition style. The way you create melodies is something that doesn't resonate with me at all. Anyway, keep doing what you're doing as my opinion doesn't mean much and shouldn't be taken seriously. :D

@Memento Beats thanks for the great feedback, above all else I really appreciate the honesty more than you know. Our styles are greatly different tbh and our tastes too, thats perfectly fine to me. I often go back to most of my old compositions and I too dislike them lol. You are correct about the mixing aspect, I feel the same way, it can make one of my not so great compositions stand up against better productions and is by far my greatest strength. I have spent a long time trying to get my music sounding professional without having to pay thousands out every time to mixing engineers. Glad I was able to help you out, when we made our album I was just getting myself back into things, switching up daws and changing the way I make music and you helped me get my arse back into gear, Im really grateful for that, would like to see you in the battles a lot more often though man.

The Witcher: Nice intro, this has you written all over it. There is a cinematic bass drop in there, I love that fucking sound and want it. Love the arabian vybe of the sample, i think it could be a little meatier in the low end and slightly crisper in the high hats. Loads of energy in the beat. Would have saved this for a battle personally, unless you already did? lol

Last edited:

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@InnerThug Nice beat brotha! That synth cuts really sharp man. Might want to take some high end off of it or mess with the effects to make it less abrasive. Otherwise, well done.

@2GooD Productions Nice job on all 3 beats homie.
-King's Men - I like this a lot dude. Jazz works so well with hip hop. One weird suggestion: I feel like the drum sounds are too "Clean" for this jazz style. I feel like lo-fi, mildy filtered drums might fit better with the feel of the track.
- Take my hand - very nice job man! I love this one. Mix is precise
-Big Sound - I feel like the melody was a little bit too repetitive and busy, but great ideas here.
As always your mixes are perfect man! awesome job on all of them.

@DeadBassRecords Very nice job on both of these from the second post. I'm not really into Trap,, so I can't really give detailed feedback, but I think you do it very well.

@InnerThug On the second post, great job. I love the flute you used.

@Memento Beats Nice job. A lot of sections and layers to this song. I'm not really into trap but this is epic and cinematic. Almost feels like some stuff from the Black Panther soundtrack.

Great job everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.