Sticky Show Your Setup!

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
PXL_20221003_144937722.MP (1).jpg

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 144
this what I'm working with. right now I been mainly using the mpc one
my DAW is FL Studio with the arturia keylab49 I also got the akai fire I've prob only used maybe once or twice.
use the mic to record sounds. old unused keyboard in the corner and guitar next to it (I dont know how to play mainly for show i guess lol maybe someday ill learn)
and i got a casiotone mt-65 keyboard
small lil space but its my peace

Attachments

• IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
this what I'm working with. right now I been mainly using the mpc one
my DAW is FL Studio with the arturia keylab49 I also got the akai fire I've prob only used maybe once or twice.
use the mic to record sounds. old unused keyboard in the corner and guitar next to it (I dont know how to play mainly for show i guess lol maybe someday ill learn)
and i got a casiotone mt-65 keyboard
small lil space but its my peace
Keep tapping away on keys and they will eventually start to make sense, or just binge watch some youtube videos on musical theory, it will really fast track your understanding of chords and scales and modes. These are fundamental to getting things to work together and just with practice your ability to find yourself around a keyboard will greatly improve.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 144
Keep tapping away on keys and they will eventually start to make sense, or just binge watch some youtube videos on musical theory, it will really fast track your understanding of chords and scales and modes. These are fundamental to getting things to work together and just with practice your ability to find yourself around a keyboard will greatly improve.
yea ive always just messed around with the keys until it sounded right.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
What @Wesbeats brand/model reflection shield is that?

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So we moved across country last month. My recording space has been in disarray most of the time but I finally decided to start putting it together. The one thing I added was a Numark TT1610 turntable because I ended up leaving my Pyle deck in our old apartment (along with a lot of other shit, just ran out of room on the truck).

I'm almost done, just need to get it all wired up.

lab_jan2023.jpg

Mike Martinez

Mikedelic™
Battle Points: 1
This is my little set up.

For beats I got the MPC One (main weapon), SP-404 MK2, and PO33 for samplers and the MPK Mini MK3 for a controller when I wanna program keys or basslines. Audio Technica turntable for sampling from vinyl. I have an acoustic/electric Ibanez bass, an electric Epiphone guitar, an acoustic guitar I dunno what brand, and an acoustic/electric kalimba. Got KRK Rokit 5 monitors for production and the big old Fisher speakers like your dad used to have for when I just wanna listen to records. I'm producing DAWless these days, but I do have FL Studio and Serato Studio on the laptop as well. It's just a basic HP laptop.

Got a few different mics, USB and XLR. Mostly condensers but I have a dynamic as well. Focusrite Scarlett interface. I record and mix on the laptop with Adobe. I also have a Spire Studio I'm about to start using.

Only other item of note is the hilarious chair. I should probably buy one of them fancy ones like y'all got, but I've produced many a banger in that antique.

Also, the other side of the room you can't see if my kids' playroom.

Attachments

• stu.jpg
    stu.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 51

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @GrooveGenius see you rocking the MPK
Mini MK3 if that’s what it is (I got the same MK3 and love it!) but God damn I need those Kali’s (but my dream monitors are the HS 5, 7or 8 Yamaha’s in white) and did ya buy ‘em new or used?

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
I @GrooveGenius see you rocking the MPK
Mini MK3 if that’s what it is (I got the same MK3 and love it!) but God damn I need those Kali’s (but my dream monitors are the HS 5, 7or 8 Yamaha’s in white) and did ya buy ‘em new or used?

It's the MK3 Mini and I love the little guy. The Kali's are just as good as the Yammy's and offer an excellent value for bedroom producers! The LP-6's I purchased new and can go down to 40hz only so you'll need a subwoofer to hear and feel those lower frequencies. I'd also recommend getting bass traps and acoustic foam panels to help with diffusing sound waves.