rza jocks the new mv 8800, talks about workin wit dre and shitalks fruity loops

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yes I use a midi controller. radium 49e.

No problems.

As with any software you need to make sure your computer fits the minimum system requirements, and if you got multiple vst's 2gb of ram will do you well.

I have my same set up at my mother in laws crib (spend a lot of time there, the woman can cook). Her computer only has 1gb of ram and has a whole lot of crazy shit on it from my teenage sister-n-law. I plug in my midi controller to the usb, and I'm making beats with no problems.

I used the same computer using the mbox 2 and pro tools as well with no latency issues.

Yes computers have latency, but if you know what you're doing it will be so minimal you could use an mpc as your midi controller and not be able to detect any at all.

The argument against computer latency is dated and no more than a technicality now with software and hardware advancements in the computer world.

I also think it's very possible for a head to have an isolated computer for beatmaking and one for other practical uses.

Every head I know that uses an MPC also has a computer.

There really is no advantage hardware or software.

Classic brought up some excellent facts...anyone even thinking of getting a software setup should be informed of before making any decision.... but if you know that much you know how to get a setup were the latency issue will be a moot point.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Yeah i got both.. i make the baet on the MP, then export the waves and do all the mixing on software.. So i'm not hating on software, not at all..

I use Cubase SX3 and ableton live for mixing and effects..

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
If you're too lazy to do routine defrag and registry cleaning on your computer you have a problem! Both hardware and software need to be kept up. It's no diff't than wiping your outboard gear down and checking your wires. They have defrag joints out there now that run in the background and take up next to no cpu, constantly defragin' your hard drive. You need to run at least two diff't registry cleaners. The registry cleaners take minutes if not seconds to do there thang. A descent computer with the proper utilities and you should be straight.

p.s. if your saving all your music to your internal hard drive.....be prepared for tragedy to strike one day. With the low price of external hard drives that fly....there's no excuse for not protecting your shit!!!

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I love hardware too.

If money had not been a factor in my setup I would've done without software.

But I already had a computer so after much research I realized it would be cheaper to just make some upgrades and get fl studio ($100).

I used to be one that thought fl studio was a toy, it wasn't until an mpc hardware user showed me it's full potential. One that owns his own studio and has worked with RA the Rugged man, Killah Priest, Sean Price and Krs-one.

Crazy world.

If you're too lazy to do routine defrag and registry cleaning on your computer you have a problem! Both hardware and software need to be kept up. It's no diff't than wiping your outboard gear down and checking your wires. They have defrag joints out there now that run in the background and take up next to no cpu, constantly defragin' your hard drive. You need to run at least two diff't registry cleaners. The registry cleaners take minutes if not seconds to do there thang. A descent computer with the proper utilities and you should be straight.

p.s. if your saving all your music to your internal hard drive.....be prepared for tragedy to strike on day. With the low price of external hard drives that fly....there's no excuse for not protecting your shit!!!

Amen.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
"RZA's right about the feel. i need my keys play "

I don't understand the argument I have both drum pads and keys for reason.

when alot of people illegally download software off the internet, they produce their beats basically by pointing and clicking their music out.

shit, cats better learn to work at mcdonalds to save up they money and buy a beat machine.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
fuk all that negative talk MV is the best shyt...ima cop that shyt most definetly

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
fuk all that negative talk MV is the best shyt...ima cop that shyt most definetly

I agree....that shit is bad (not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good....lol). Even though I live and die by my Reason 3.0 and will be getting 4.0 as soon as it drops. I'm copin' that mv8800 as soon as I can get the money up. I have an mpc 2G collecting dust but this MV makes me wanna mix my shit up a little. This shit just looks like it's worth every penny. By years end it will be a central part of what I do(please believe it)!!!!!

members online