Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
I gotta admit i think the song is ok, it will no doubt do well but i dnt think its gonna be a huge hit not on the scale of he first single ! im not a fan of the production on this really, the beat itself is very basic and they all all the elements sound like dre has used them before theres just nothing about the beat that really impresses me !
I dunno im not sure it would have been released if it woz anyone other than dre who made the track, i also read in an interview that when she worked with him he critisized all the rest of her album, but i dnt ind his track particularly impressive, saying that i havent heard anyof the rest of her album !

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
uh.. can we get some panning in there, dre? all the percussive elemnts are on top of each other. no space. vocals were done well.

but. the song is ASS.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
To me this is a perfect example why Dre is overhyped....Hes a dope producer but that song is ass and the drum score is fuckin mad simple along with his cliche trademark "one-note" chord that plays out in a syncopated manner through the entire song.

My thoughts are: Its just OK, nothing more.....If other aspects are supposed to be looked at in this question then im missing them cuz Dre sure as hell didnt write the lyrics too, or at least i hope not!?

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
The song is allright....the only thing i can say makes it interesting is how the rhythm changes from a Dancehall one to a hip hop one. I have her album and this is defnitly one of the weaker songs on the album. She has one with the Tunes that bangs and a few other done by other producer that are just great songs

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I dont like the song... it's really tacky, but the beat itself was intented to sound like the original... so in that sense,he was kind of forced to make sound like it but, adding a bit of his flava...

Still, it's a big disapointment....

ill o.g.
i listened again. The only thing i like on here is the strings that only show up once in a while. other then that though, its shit.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
My view, it might say Dr. dre did the track for her. but Scott Storch did all the work. trust me. listen to 50's candy shop, and disco inferno and lean back and eve's blow ur mind. This is a scott track all the way. and this song is fire. the song if perfect for all clubs. i got my lap handed to me and a stripclub when this shit played.

Quack

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The original raggae track is hotter. The piano does not seem to fit when it comes in. Definitely not his best :)

one!

L

logik

i think dre jus stepped outta his circle for a minute there...
meaning>>> dre produces a certain type of music.... not reggae type music..
jus not his forte.... but i guess the $ helped that... lol

didnt even kno dre produced it... didnt like it
jus found out he did... still dont :)

and on a side note (unrelated) does anyone else like 50's poor lil rich?? or is it jus me :|

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
DueceMade Ent. said:
To me this is a perfect example why Dre is overhyped....Hes a dope producer but that song is ass and the drum score is fuckin mad simple along with his cliche trademark "one-note" chord that plays out in a syncopated manner through the entire song.

My thoughts are: Its just OK, nothing more.....If other aspects are supposed to be looked at in this question then im missing them cuz Dre sure as hell didnt write the lyrics too, or at least i hope not!?

OVERHYPED!!!! Well to each his own. We all got our seperate opinions. I for one think he deserves more props than what he gets. The man been doing his thing for a long ass time, not to mention he's produced a shit load of hits. Yeah his drum score is simple (like most of his beats got), but a simple beat doesn't make a wack beat.....a wack beat makes a wack beat. Your drum programming ain't gotta be complicated to have a tight ass beat. But anyways, like I said, we all got our own opinions.

On a brighter note.....Y'all know I proposed to Gwen and she accepted right. I'm leaving my wife for her. LOL.... In the words of MLK...."I had a dream...." LOL.
Damn she fine.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
To me it just sounds like a remixed version of a million other songs he already has made in the past.....Theres too many elements that make this song boaring right from the git.....Dre found his formula and he aint gonna break it.....THat make the cat money and more power to him....Still dont make him the greatest of all time tho. Cat just needs to expand and breath a little on the track instead of that same dam thing everytime....Cuz like a million people have said - Dre is tight - I dont disagree - but dude obviously limits himself in what he can do musicaly....he has plenty of potential to grow - But i havent really seen much of anything since dre2001.....his shits gettin stale if u ask me.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
r kelly said it best....... and describes my feelings towards this song percefectly...

BOO-HOO-TIE!!!!!!!BOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO-TIEEEEE!

there is NO panning in here except for vocals.

the song is retarded honestly.

ill o.g.
Is ok nothing spectacular."Hollaback girl" has more a a natural flow to it than "Rich girl"

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
That's a remake of an old jamaican song and it's the same beat Dre can get credit for bringing it back but it's no where near something that he made

members online