Removing vinyl crackle

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
That will difficult but I bet if you expand the wave to maximum you can focus on the crackles and depending on the wear you might be able to clean it up a lil and hopefully not take away any of the sound....they will probably look like spikes, but it's going to be hard to get rid of that to be honest.

M

mbiafb

If you have the noise reduction 2 plugin that will easily do the trick. Just find an islolated portion that contains the noise (like a silent passage) and create a noise profile. Run the plugin using that profile and it usually does a good job of cleaning it up. Cool edit (Now Adobe Audition) has a similarthis feature built in. i don't use cooledit much but that fature is one of the best built in ones for that program. After saying all that, leave some of that crackle in.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The cracklin aint good when you trna get a clean instruiment sample of a record.

I don't use whole loops. Chop em and play dem like notes.

And dat crackle aint good

M

mbiafb

damn. not sure what happened, but i posted instructions in cooledit. I don't have cooledit with me right now to repost. I can try and do it from memory.

1. either sample just the noise ( if you have the vinyl, sample the the "silent" part before the music comes in) or try and isolate just the noise on the sample you have. the more isolated your selection is from the rest of the music the better your results will be. If you don't have the original record to sample from, try sampling the silent part of a record you have that contains similar noise.

2. select effects then noise reduction and then noise reduction.

3. click on "get profile fom selection". This will define the filter ( the noise reduction on Cooledit is basically a powerfull filter ).

4. Save this profile

5. Close noise reduction window, select entire file and the re-open noise reduction window

6. The profile you made should by default be loaded already. If not, load the profile you saved.

7. Apply filter.

8. Listen to your sample to make sure that nothing was removed that you wanted to keep.

Sometimes the filter does not remove all noise in one pass. Think of it the way dirt somehow gets through a vacum cleaner filter. Like a vacum, you can simply go over the same area again. Just open up the noise filter and use the exact same profile again. Hope this helped

jnxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dont know about sound forge but adobe audition is so damn good for this

members online