Remixes?

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
how do you guys get remixes by your favorite MC to match up with your beat as far as tempo? i have CEP so i wanna know how this is done. thanks for the help

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i just timestretch the vocal until it fits ill usually play my beat in the background and preview the acapella over the top then just timestretch it til its roughly intime and then fine tune it after !

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i just take the original song and cut it up and make a beat out of it. Thats how i did jay's girls girls girls remix. Check it out. It turned out hot.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
If I have the accapella, then I usually have the original too. So I use the original to find the tempo and then lay the vocals out on the sequencer so it matches the beat.

The cool part about it is once I get it configured, I can play all the beats I make in Reason with any accapella I have so I can hear what beats best fit what songs.

I ain't good enough to just program off the ear.

lilhatedon

none of Y.G.D.B
ill o.g.
depends what you use but you don't really have to find out the tempo you could just do shit like run the add with just a snare the gradually build

benny beatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
i just look up the bpm of the acapella by searching google for "<song title + artist> and bpm"

then i just play the acapella in winamp, then punch in the beat by hitting spacebar in flstudio... you have to get ur head noddin to the acapella first so u can hit it right on time... if i want to record it, i use another recording program set to "record what u hear"...

im always lookin for more acapellas so holla at me i got alot to trade also...