Remember in Belly, Nas told T-boz lets move to Africa?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Back in the day, I visited Jade Mountain in Jamacia and it left an everlasting impression on me. It was beautiful to say the least...

During this last election I was joking around and said "if the republicans win this election, Im moving to Jamaica." I even went so far as to tell my wife that I was considering leaving the States (I wasnt serious but I wanted to see her reaction to the thought). Well the democratic party won, BUT the thought of moving there is still in my head and it's turning into a dream that I may pursue.

I really dont know enough about the island to commit to moving, especially with my little girl. As any parent, I want the best for her and Im not sure that Jamacia would be that. Even with all its beauty and all the peace and serenity it has to offer, for some odd reason, I don't look at Jamaica as a place that I would want to die which bothers me. All my people are here or either laid at rest here in the United States.

I just cant get that thought of enjoying the freedom of life, the beauty of the surroundings, the island way of life, and all the other things that it has to offer out of my head. Before I moved to the Ft. Bragg area, I lived in the mountains of NC for about 3 years. During that time, I always dreamed of owning a house on top of a mountian overlooking the city on one side and the forrest scenery on the other. Based on my inner feelings alone, that is a place that I could say "I want to die here" but I cant get Jamaica out of my head.

I just dont know?!?!?!

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Never been there myself (although I have heard tales from friends who have lived there for extended periods of time), but it helps to have contacts there already to help you get settled in. Outside the tourists spots can be pretty rough if you don't know where your going. There's obviously certain places you'll want to avoid, especially if you have children... but if you can get passed all the issues of crime/drugs, you have a pretty amazing place filled with culture and amazing people.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I got a buddy that bounced from the states because he hated what was going on with our country so much. And I got another buddy that is dead set on living in the Philippines for the rest of his life. The cost of living there is super cheap and there are some parts of the country that are very nice.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
i wudnt mind moving back to the motherland myself.... Puerto Rico... but the opportunity to make something of yourself there is nowhere nears like it is here in the sates.... my father came to the states knowing NOBODY with a wife and 3 kids. he put 3 kids thru college, owns his own company, and owns his own house with two cars. thats the american dream at its fullest. wasnt easy for him, but thats what i want for my family as well. so PR is in the back burner. i think a move to florida wud be the next best thing!!!!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
lol..

If I leave FL, I'd be going right back to NY...then to NYC....

Don't see myself leaving FL anytime soon...or at all at this time..... I love the culture of NYC so much....there's not much "culture" out here because everyone is isolated from each other here. Everything is actually segregated to what subdivision you live in. This is a very transient state, a lot of people come and go from this state, I know only a few people who've lived here their entire lives...Most of the people I've met were from some place up north...especially the northeast...

FL is nice...everything is always green.....the winters are great (except this one, we're getting a lot of rain and it's been colder than it has been). But the weather can't be beat....the heat can get crazy in the summer....but that's what pools are for....

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I think going through wintertime in NYC, everyone thinks of moving somewhere else.
I do the day job thing + music + family, been doing that for ten + years, not really making too much progress financially (NYC is expensive + music money is hard to come by), I sometimes daydream about relocating to some tropical place and opening up a little shack that sells food.
As with Dacalion, the main thing holding me back is the kids, if their quality of living does not increase, I cannot justify moving.
BTW - here in NYC, the public schools are kind of fucked up,kids only get gym one day a week for 30 minutes, that means they spend all their time sitting at a desk. My older son is 6 years old, if I could take him to a country that provides a better environment, I would consider it. I know a family that moved to France since the childcare was 100 x better.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
theres places in this country that makes you feel like your in another country. better schools, cost of living. when i left brooklyn for tampa it was a culture schock. but i got used to it. my advise do research before making a decision.